PDA

View Full Version : .45 cal.Powerball ?

Dietrich
07-18-2010, 05:20 AM
I recently bought a .45 and the owner of the gun store gave me a box of Powerball 165 gr.+P as a bonus.I have heard that it isn`t well suited for SD in winter but is fine for summer carry.Is this true?It seems to me that a regular hp would clog and fail to expand more in heavy winter clothing than would the Powerball slug.I know that someone here has the definitive information on this.I would appreciate your input and advice on the best SD load for .45 caliber. I don`t know how much difference it makes but in central North Carolina,the winters usually aren`t bad enough for people to wear heavy parkas and such but just for a few days of the season.

jocko
07-18-2010, 08:44 AM
to many scenario's for me. but one thing is for certain if your 45 won't handle power ball ammo perfectly, then it probably won'thandle anything else either. I have it in my P380 for one reason that it feeds perfect for me. It is not an under rated round that is for sure. Many use um. I would not fear that a 45 with any round won't do the job u are asking about Your asking for opinions and ur gonna get us, only u can decide which road to travel.

Good luck

Shawn Dodson
07-18-2010, 02:52 PM
The Gun Zone -- CorBon .45 Powrball (http://www.thegunzone.com/powrball.html)

Dietrich
07-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Well Shawn,they certainly didn`t think a lot of powerball rounds did they?I guess I need to stick to Gold Dots or Golden Sabers.They serve me well in 9mm,I guess they`ll do fine in .45.