PDA

View Full Version : I need to get a new blade

knkali
10-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Don't know why but need to get one. Ideas? Min 4 inch blade, folder, ambi pocket clip, can be of any assist. Oh yeah, a blade design that is fairly easy to sharpen. Price.......hmmmm....say to $200. I know that's high but want to see some of the $$ offerings.

CJB
10-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Been real real happy with Gerber Covert. Applegate Fairburn shape. Good steel and adjustable for wear.

Droolguy
10-01-2015, 10:57 PM
CRKT M21-14SF

I carried it through several deployments, almost exactly 4" blade.

SGT5711
10-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I love my Microtech Ultratech. I've had mine about 3 years and it is my EDC. Made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty. I got mine from BladeHQ for about $225.00.

RRP
10-02-2015, 02:24 AM
Without knowing your intended use of the knife, it is impossible to make an informed recommendation. There are hundreds, if not thousands of makes and models, and the responses you'll get will be whatever the "other guy" owns. You may be drawn to the most persuasive post, even if that knife doesn't fit your needs.

I took a course from Michael Janich. The hands-down most common knife in the class was the Spyderco Delica. That model has been around a long time and gone through a number of revisions. It is a proven design. It does not meet your 4" blade minimum, however.

A few guys in the class had Benchmade. These are very good quality, but their free, after-sale service policy adds considerably to the purchase price.

A great value worthy of consideration, is the SOG Aegis. It won't draw the admiration of the ninja-wanna-bees like the Benchmade will, but it is a fine tool for the money.

If I could buy only one, it would be the Delica4, with a plain edge.

Droolguy
10-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Thats true, with the blade minimum and opening assist I assumed he wanted a combat knife of some kind.

Never asked what style he was looking for.

DanTana
10-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Been real real happy with Gerber Covert. Applegate Fairburn shape. Good steel and adjustable for wear.

I'll second this choice, only complaint I've had is the SV30 steel is very hard and tough to get a good edge on it, but it keeps it forever.
I liked mine so much I bought a second one. Mine is the full auto version.

gb6491
10-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Don't know why but need to get one. Ideas? Min 4 inch blade, folder, ambi pocket clip, can be of any assist. Oh yeah, a blade design that is fairly easy to sharpen. Price.......hmmmm....say to $200. I know that's high but want to see some of the $$ offerings.
Darn, I don't own any folders that big. I hardly ever even pick them up to examine, but I have seen a couple that meet your requirements. Those would be the Cold Steel Recon 1 and the Spyderco Resilience. If you forego the ambi carry, then I'd add the Spyderco Military.

Now, if you just need a blade intervention:)....and would be receptive to a smaller knife....consider one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Sanrenmu-7010LUC-SA-Pocket-Folding-Knife/dp/B00GMMPIK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443803008&sr=8-1
I hardly ever carry my Sebenza anymore as the above knife is pretty darn good, about the same size/profile, and I'd not be broken up over losing/damaging one.
Sebenza on the left, Sanrenmu third from the left
http://i60.tinypic.com/166c01z.jpg

Regards,
Greg

Bawanna
10-02-2015, 11:10 AM
There's a Kahr branded Spyderco that's been out for awhile now. It has an everywhere legal (cept probably California of course) 2 1/2"?? blade, I love the look of it, the hump on the back makes a good thumb stop, super light, Spyderco quality.
I'm working on trying to get one, I'll let yall know how it is when I make it happen.
You think a blue handle would be too girlyman or should I stick with standard black. Not nuts about the green version, everything is mud tone these days. Cept for girl mud wrestlin I don't care all that much for mud these days.

I don't carry folder much anymore. Have a few. I have an SOG Pentagon Elite that I grab when I want a folder.
Greg sent me one similar to that one on the far left, not sure if it's the same but it's a fine little knife and I keep in close by my chair where I always seem to need a knife and don't have one. Probably gets used more than all the rest.

I also 2nd Gregs comment, a 4" folder is a hell of a big knife, way bigger than I'd ever want.

diablo53
10-02-2015, 11:15 AM
The spyderco is the only knife I'll carry. The endura has a 3.75" blade. I carry a delica. The spyderco sharpmaker is a nifty sharpening kit that works well with straight and serrated blades.

Droolguy
10-02-2015, 12:04 PM
So, I think everyone may be getting a bit off topic.

The first thing the OP says is that the knife must be four inches minimum.

To counter everyone who is trying to push smaller knives, when used as a weapon blade length and weight (longer and lighter respectively) are king.

Doesn't matter how sharp your knife is if the other guy has more reach and causes deeper wounds.

But, we still don't know intended use because the OP hasn't elaborated.

A utility knife is almost literally the exact opposite of a fighting or combat knife.

Bawanna
10-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Only thing I could say and it will undoubtedly stir the pot which is good since it's been stagnant around here lately is nobody wins in a knife fight.

In my admittedly small mind anyone who carries a knife other than an absolute last resort tool for survival is a fool.
In my wardrobe it's a tool of many uses but knife fighting is way way way down low on the list.

I'd rather have a 6' 2x4 or a cane or stick to go up against a 4" knife.

Now if the Op is set on a 4" minimum, more power to him, there's certainly a sack full to choose from.

muggsy
10-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Only thing I could say and it will undoubtedly stir the pot which is good since it's been stagnant around here lately is nobody wins in a knife fight.

In my admittedly small mind anyone who carries a knife other than an absolute last resort tool for survival is a fool.
In my wardrobe it's a tool of many uses but knife fighting is way way way down low on the list.

Now if the Op is set on a 4" minimum, more power to him, there's certainly a sack full to choose from.

Amen, dittos.

ltxi
10-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Benchmade AFCK....if you can find one. ATS-34 clip point blade. Designed as a fighting knife, but general use excellent as well.

Droolguy
10-02-2015, 04:10 PM

I wont argue that if you get in a knife fight, it's definitely going to suck for everyone involved.

Just because the other person goes down first doesn't mean you wont bleed to death your self without medical attention.

I would rather have that chance to seek medical attention though.

Once again though, reach is king, a nice long thick branch will do more damage than a 4" knife because you can pound the hell out of them before they can even get close enough to use theirs.

Always plan for the worst though which means your knife may have to serve in a primary role in certain situations.

Also, while a dedicated fighting knife is often too thin and weak to be used as a tool, a combat knife is designed to be much thicker and robust to be used as an all purpose utility tool and weapon so it tries to strike a balance between the two.

Hell, while deployed I even carried a combat axe for a minute, same concept, it was lighter and shorter than a hatchet, but still strong enough to do axe things with.

Droolguy
10-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Benchmade AFCK....if you can find one. ATS-34 clip point blade. Designed as a fighting knife, but general use excellent as well.

I would generally agree that Benchmade makes some pretty decent everything knifes.

I have a Griptilian with a 154cm sheepsfoot that I carry every day.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/Droolguy/Mobile%20Uploads/20151002_151625_zps1ojzz4vn.jpg (http://s155.photobucket.com/user/Droolguy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151002_151625_zps1ojzz4vn.jpg.html)

knkali
10-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys for your input. I have the Delica and Endura. I think Spyderco is a great knife for the $. I also love the VG 10 steel. A little chippy IMHO but I likey. Greg, I have the Police 3 which is very similar to the the Paramil. Great stuff.

knkali
10-02-2015, 11:45 PM

Will check it out. TY

knkali
10-02-2015, 11:46 PM
CRKT M21-14SF

Had one and didn't like it. A work horse knife though.

knkali
10-02-2015, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=SGT5711;352093]Not exactly what you are looking for, but I love my Microtech Ultratech. I've had mine about 3 years and it is my EDC. Made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty. I got mine from BladeHQ for about $225.00.[/QUOTE
Guys that have these all love em. I have the HK OTF (benchmade) and it rapidly became my EDC. Never thought an OTF would but love the knife but wish it was a bit longer. Hmm maybve I should re think folder requirement. Kind of limited myself.

knkali
10-02-2015, 11:53 PM
Thats true, with the blade minimum and opening assist I assumed he wanted a combat knife of some kind.

Never asked what style he was looking for.

Defensive and utility uses.

knkali
10-02-2015, 11:55 PM
So, I think everyone may be getting a bit off topic.

The first thing the OP says is that the knife must be four inches minimum.

To counter everyone who is trying to push smaller knives, when used as a weapon blade length and weight (longer and lighter respectively) are king.

Doesn't matter how sharp your knife is if the other guy has more reach and causes deeper wounds.

But, we still don't know intended use because the OP hasn't elaborated.

A utility knife is almost literally the exact opposite of a fighting or combat knife.

Agree with most but the last part.

knkali
10-03-2015, 12:00 AM

Thought you might find this interesting. It has been around so u might have seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KJ1R2PCMM

Bawanna
10-03-2015, 12:13 AM
We actually had dept training very similar to that video.

The usual big mistake is going for the gun when there isn't time. When the attacker makes his move lateral movement to throw off their game plan.

It's said that even at 21 ft if the attacker has made up his mind to attack, even if hit his brain will still try to carry it out. Lateral movement mess's that part up.

Droolguy
10-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Agree with most but the last part.

I assume you mean "A utility knife is almost literally the exact opposite of a fighting or combat knife."

Which is a true statement, *almost* all dedicated work knives are short and heavy. They are short because you gain a significant amount of tip control, and heavy because it makes the knife resist being deflected (makes it stabler) as well as provides longevity.

Now that your back, did you decide on anything? I'm interested in seeing what you picked.

Also, what didn't you like about the CRKT? It might steer us in the direction of something you would like by eliminating things that have stuff you don't.

Droolguy
10-04-2015, 10:42 AM
We actually had dept training very similar to that video.

The usual big mistake is going for the gun when there isn't time. When the attacker makes his move lateral movement to throw off their game plan.

It's said that even at 21 ft if the attacker has made up his mind to attack, even if hit his brain will still try to carry it out. Lateral movement mess's that part up.

So, your saying that someone charging you isn't going to expect you to try and get out of the way by stepping to the side? That's what lateral movement is, side stepping.

I am pretty sure that's the first thing everyone expects.

If someone charges you with a knife and you don't have a weapon out then it's already too late, run away until you can get your weapon out.

Then face your attacker.

It's that simple.

It's not cool looking but it's a hell of a lot more effective than attempting to side step.

Bawanna
10-04-2015, 11:39 AM
By lateral movement you lead the dance and the attacker has to follow. He's already running and your at a standing start. Lateral movement is king even shooting bullets.

The main point of the lateral in this instance was at 21 feet, you somehow managed to get your gun out and shoot the knife wielder but his brain has already decided to stab you to death. He's basically dead, shot real good but his brain told his body to act.
So there's a delay and he might keep coming, hence shoot em and then lateral movement because the brain has already sent a message and location, you be somewhere else.

This sorta sucks for me since wheelchairs don't go sideways for beans, ya know?

This is also why some adhere to the theory of shooting in the pelvis or the leg or the face neck area. Even with the brain having already sent the signal, if the transmission is blown they are going down.

Droolguy
10-04-2015, 03:43 PM
In the event that...

A. The attacker is already running at you full speed.
B. You already have your weapon out.
C. You have already shot the attacker.

I agree with your statement.

jeepster09
10-04-2015, 04:52 PM
M16-14ZLEK - Kit Carson Design this is one of my favorites. I got the large size, ny son got the smaller one.

http://www.crkt.com/M16-14ZLEK

Barth
10-04-2015, 06:20 PM
Not a folder.
Nothing utility about it.
But It's really compact and has a 4 1/2" blade.
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/barthunderwood/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/20151004_171354_zpslm2useyl.jpg

GA_Sheepdog
10-05-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm a Cold Steel guy. They are not the most expensiveknifes around but they are proven to be tough and durable. I EDC the Cold SteelRecon One mini, Tanto blade. I believe you can pick them up on Amazon foraround $60. My only complaint is the clip is very rigid and stiff, so it makesclipping onto your pocket a pain.

TheTman
10-05-2015, 11:57 AM
I've been very happy with my Kershaw assisted opening knives, they are on the lower end of the price scale, and I don't know if they have any 4" blade folding knives, but they have been up to any task I've needed them for. I picked one up the other day since I misplaced the one I was using as my EDC. The blade is only 3.25" though. A cop told me that as long as the blade of the knife wasn't longer than the width of your palm when you lay the blade across it, then it would not be considered a concealed weapon. And the 3.25"- 3.5" blades are just about right if measuring by my palm. I'm not sure what the extra .75" - .5" to make it 4" is going to do for you. I sure wouldn't want any of my blades plunged into my body, or get slashed with.
I have a very nice Bench Made knife, Number 8xx out of a run of 1000, that mostly sits in the knife drawer since it's not assisted opening. and the opening lugs are not convenient to allow me to flick it open with my thumb very easily. But it too has less than a 4" blade. Their are a lot of knives out there, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. I'm a cheapskate though, and if I have 200 to spend, then I'm more likely to spend it for something that goes BANG, or ammo so that it does go BANG.
I guess I've lost too many EDC knives, that I don't want to have a $200 one to keep track of. I think I use them and then stick them in a piece of wood, to use later, so I don't have to dig them back out of my pocket with greasy hands, then end up not using them and leaving them stuck somewhere.

jpshaw
10-06-2015, 09:44 AM
As far as locked blade folders go I'm fast becoming a fan of the newer Buck folders without the bolsters. I have the traditional one with the brass bolsters but the newer one is so much lighter and about the same size. Both are under 4" though. I'm not a fan of the pocket clips though and removed mine.

knkali
10-06-2015, 11:46 AM
I have been toying with this one:

http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/21SC/Spartan.aspx

Not a fan of the blade finish but looks grippy and has nice lines. Looks a little challenging to sharpen though.

happypuppy
10-06-2015, 11:47 AM
I'd look at the bench made grip. It's very well made and around $100.00. I don't like to carry knives that cost that much as they get lost I find. I carry my kershaw blur or skyline the most

Someday. That’s a dangerous word. It’s really just a code for ‘never’.

knkali
10-06-2015, 11:51 AM
I assume you mean "A utility knife is almost literally the exact opposite of a fighting or combat knife."

Which is a true statement, *almost* all dedicated work knives are short and heavy. They are short because you gain a significant amount of tip control, and heavy because it makes the knife resist being deflected (makes it stabler) as well as provides longevity.

Now that your back, did you decide on anything? I'm interested in seeing what you picked.

Also, what didn't you like about the CRKT? It might steer us in the direction of something you would like by eliminating things that have stuff you don't.

My CRKT knife had trouble as the knife got a bit dirty. It would not open as cleanly and predictably. I cleaned it to no avail. I didn't like the lock up mechanism on it either--if I remember correctly there was a lever do hicky thingy to release the blade--something different that I recall I did not like. It was a heavy blade and felt so in the hand. Nice looking though but I never bonded with it....know what I mean?

knkali
10-06-2015, 12:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t44cgJtbnS0

getsome
10-06-2015, 12:58 PM
I carried a couple of Walmart Gerber folders for years until the spring wore out and they worked fine and I liked um but I decided to upscale a little and picked up a Benchmade Barrage with the assisted opening lug and I absolutely love this knife, worth every penny of the Franklin it cost....I bought my son a Benchmade Griptilian with the hole in the blade like a Spyderco and he loves it but I couldn't get it to open nearly as easy as mine with the stud....I would loose a knuckle trying to use his very long....Knives are a very personal tool and just because somebody says this one or that one is the best, you should hold it and open/close it to be sure you like it before you buy online and find out later that you hate it....

http://www.benchmade.com/barrage-family.html

berettabone
10-06-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't know the model name, but I've been using this Spyderco for over 30 years, and have never sharpened it. I don't carry it, andt it has been used mainly as a fishing tackle knife, but it's been used for many other things as well. I realize that there are much better knives for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$, but for the money, you can't beat a Spyderco. It opens very easily from your pocket. The blade is 3 3/4". I am seriously thinking about starting to carry it.

Droolguy
10-06-2015, 05:39 PM
My CRKT knife had trouble as the knife got a bit dirty. It would not open as cleanly and predictably. I cleaned it to no avail. I didn't like the lock up mechanism on it either--if I remember correctly there was a lever do hicky thingy to release the blade--something different that I recall I did not like. It was a heavy blade and felt so in the hand. Nice looking though but I never bonded with it....know what I mean?

Got it.

That gritty opening is on *all* folders if they get particulates in the base of the blade where it mounts to the frame.

You have to actually take the knife apart to fix it.

The whole pull top lock with index finger while pushing bottom lock with thumb is definitely something that takes practice and I know a lot of people who don't like it.

It's also heavy on purpose, built to take a lot of mistreatment.

So, from what I gather you want something lighter than the CRKT with a simple one-stage locking mechanism (any preference?), also since you brought up smooth blade deployment did you want the flipper lever (the button on the back of the CRKT to open the blade with your index finger) or standard thumb opening? One-handed or two handed operation to open and/or close (many knifes are one handed open, two handed close)?

Barth
10-06-2015, 07:12 PM
I don't know the model name, but I've been using this Spyderco for over 30 years, and have never sharpened it. I don't carry it, andt it has been used mainly as a fishing tackle knife, but it's been used for many other things as well. I realize that there are much better knives for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$, but for the money, you can't beat a Spyderco. It opens very easily from your pocket. The blade is 3 3/4". I am seriously thinking about starting to carry it.

Looks something like my trusty Spyderco Pacific Salt H1.
Here it is beside my spanking new Kahr Delica 4.:cool:
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/barthunderwood/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/20151006_180828_zpsctmlzond.jpg?t=1444093871

Bawanna
10-06-2015, 11:17 PM
That Kahr Delica is on my wish list and has been. Good looking knife.

I think I want a Blue one but don't matter much.

b4uqzme
10-07-2015, 04:12 AM
I guess I need a lesson on the purposes of all the different blade designs. So far I've always picked knives based on the appearance of the handle. I definitely prefer wood...or stag. Been drawn to looking at fixed blades lately myself.

Droolguy
10-07-2015, 08:06 AM
In reality there are only a few blade designs that are specifically designed to do something different, which is why picking based off the handle for you has worked out.

Hawkbill. (Accents tip sharpness for cutting)

Dagger. (Accents tip sharpness for stabbing)

Sheepsfoot/Warncliff/Coping. (Accents blade sharpness over everything else)

Everything else. (Strikes a balance between the three)

General purpose knives need to have a rounded blade edge (which means no Sheepsfoot/Warncliff/Coping unless it's slightly bent) to allow for a larger usable blade area for multiple tasks, everything past that is personal preference.

TheTman
10-07-2015, 09:20 AM
I like that Spartan that you had the link for, that looked like a good one. I'd like assisted opening, they are so much handier when you have one hand full, and need to cut something. I wasn't sure if that Spartan was a thumb flicker or assisted opening. But it was definitely "grippy", and the blade length was about what you were looking for.
I'm with Bawanna on knife fights, they are my last resort. Hopefully I can destroy the attackers knees with some kicks, before he can use his knife. My knives are all tools to be used as needed, and not for fighting, except for my 12+ inch mini scimitar. One of my favorites is a Puma Stockman 3 blade folder pocket knife that I really like, with the standard long clip point blade, and a sheepsfoot, and a spay blade. A nice german quality pocket knife that I've managed to hold on too for many years.
Did you get the Spartan?
If not, here are some assisted opening knives, a couple with blades over 4": http://www2.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?ttl=Assisted%20Opening%20Folding% 20Knives&wodescriptiondatarq=assisted&a=folder&&&s=85
(http://www2.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?ttl=Assisted%20Opening%20Folding% 20Knives&wodescriptiondatarq=assisted&a=folder)A Gerber assisted opening with 4" Tanto blade:
http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/GB000581/Gerber-Answer-XL-FAST-Assisted-Folding-Knife-4-inch-Tanto-Combo-Blade-Aluminum-Handles
(http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/GB000581/Gerber-Answer-XL-FAST-Assisted-Folding-Knife-4-inch-Tanto-Combo-Blade-Aluminum-Handles)That site lists 22 pages of assisted opening knives, but few with 4" blades. They have quite a few more with 3.75 to 3.875" blades.
I like the Gerber out of the ones I linked too. That site has a LOT of knives of all types to look over.

kenemoore
10-07-2015, 11:36 AM
My work requires me to travel a bit, mostly to new or expanding petro/chemical plants. I bought a used BenchMade Contego from a hard luck contractor that needed the money, got a good deal price wise.
I love it, the Axis system is awesome. Prior to this I always carried a Kershaw or Cold Steel knife, never could see spending the money for a BenchMade. But now, I may never go back.
The Contego blade is just shy of 4" (.020), but is an awesome knife, I believe if is called a tactical folder.

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/BM810BK/Benchmade-810BK-Osborne-Contego-Folding-Knife-398-inch-CPM-M4-Black-Plain-Blade-G10-Handles?&utm_source=website&utm_medium=search-as-you-type&utm_campaign=contego

Barth
10-07-2015, 07:48 PM
That Kahr Delica is on my wish list and has been. Good looking knife.

I think I want a Blue one but don't matter much.

You mean something like this?:cool:
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv251/winkler_chad/Kahr1_zps662ebda0.jpg

Bawanna
10-07-2015, 07:57 PM
You got two?

Barth
10-07-2015, 08:03 PM
You got two?

That's not mine - LOL!
Just found a cool pic and thought you might like it.:)

Bawanna
10-07-2015, 10:28 PM
I kind of like it, I don't think the blue is too girlyman.

I was set on black but blue might be kind of nice too. That is since I can't get stag.

berettabone
10-08-2015, 08:19 AM
That blue looks good, and the owner seems to be using the same ammo I use............................................... ....

340pd
10-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Being the OP wants a folder with a longer blade, even though it is shorter than he requested, I have found that my Spyderco PM2 to serve me well.
It's large but still usable for a wide variety of purposes. Plus, it is made in the USA.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gnystrom_photos/PM2%20clip%201_zps4mlmwazj.jpg

knkali
10-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Being the OP wants a folder with a longer blade, even though it is shorter than he requested, I have found that my Spyderco PM2 to serve me well.
It's large but still usable for a wide variety of purposes. Plus, it is made in the USA.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gnystrom_photos/PM2%20clip%201_zps4mlmwazj.jpg

thank you for that suggestion. I have a few Spydies. Like them a lot too. But I think all Spydies are Japanese made for an American co.

b4uqzme
12-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Ever find that knife?

https://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Extreme-4-Inch-Tumble-Finish/dp/B004WRTVIE

Baklash
12-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Looking for a folder myself. Lots of good info and recommendations here. Just wish there were more photos posted. I will need a folder for left pocket carry since my CM9 is in my right pocket. I'm hoping many of the knives can move the clip to either side.

RRP
12-12-2016, 08:59 PM
I am very fond of the Spyderco Yojimbo 2 (http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=707). The clip can be mounted on either side, as well as positioned tip-up, or tip-down. A very high quality tool and available at significant discounts if you shop around.

landman
12-13-2016, 08:58 PM
CRKT M21-14SF

this is what i carry also.

Tilos
12-13-2016, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure why, but if I spend over $100 on a pocket knife...I loose it :(.
And most times what I loose was clipped to my pocket, so no more clips for me.

I just dig out my knife and carry it in my hand when I feel the need :rolleyes:.
I'm not a "stud" guy either, and prefer a hole or flipper;
Here's some pics for you, both flippers with 3-1/4" + blades, about as big as I care to carry:
Kershaw 1776 Link

http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14297&stc=1

Kershaw Oso Sweet
http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14298&stc=1
:D
prolly posted before

got2hav1
12-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Zero Tolerance 0562 or my favorite the 0566. I may have one for sale if you get interested , contact me. I have several.

Ronni3_J
12-14-2016, 09:27 PM
I've been using a Spyderco Domino for about 2 years now. I've put it through the ringer and still love this thing. I do keep it razor sharp too

http://www.bladescout.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/SPYDERCO-Domino.jpg

Ed M
12-14-2016, 11:11 PM
Spyderco Tenacious. Looks huge next to my CW380. :cool:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14300&stc=1

desmobob
12-15-2016, 05:29 AM
I'll add to the Spyderco suggestions. You should be able to find one with a blade style you like. I think they are one of the best-bang-for-the-buck knives out there and you'd have to spend a lot more to get a better knife. Benchmades are another favorite of mine. They offer a lot of different styles and shapes for a decent price and are excellent knives.

Tight groups,
Bob

Ken L
12-15-2016, 07:14 AM
^^I second the Spyderco Tenacious. I've had one for about 8 years, it's my favorite folder. Have a Kershaw assisted opener like the one pictured earlier that I took the plastic scales off of and made some out of walnut. Kept the clip off of it. Also a great knife. I carry that one when I don't want a clip showing, like with dressier clothes.

Phish
12-16-2016, 06:06 AM
I still have my Benchmade Elishewitz knife for a long time. I don't carry folders much anymore as I prefer fixed blade knives for carrying.

Ronni3_J
12-17-2016, 04:04 PM
I've been buying a lot of CRKT lately and am really happy with their fixed blade. I usually carry the Spyderco or the CRKT

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/bboyronnie/C9A7A4F4-18AC-4991-ACE4-D5FE4AD6D570.jpg

Ronni3_J
01-24-2017, 10:12 PM
Ordered a Benchmade Mini Barrage last week and can't wait to get it.

http://www.benchmade.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/m/i/mini-barrage_1000x1000.jpg

CPTKILLER
01-25-2017, 07:37 AM
Go to:

Knifecenter.com

The options are wide open.

340pd
01-25-2017, 07:48 AM
We need to close this god d***m knife thread.

I already have too many bad habits.

Ronni3_J
01-27-2017, 11:14 PM
Got my new Benchmade and love it. Kind of want to keep this nice and not really EDC it. Is that weird

Barth
01-28-2017, 07:21 AM
My favorite carry on the weekends is the Spyderco H1 Pacific Salt
http://www.knifeworks.com/productimages/spyderco/sc91sbk.jpg
But it's a little large and ominous to carry at work.
So the more discrete Kahr branded Spyderco Delica is a favored work day carry
https://bladebarrelbezel.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/spyderco-kahr-delica.jpg

getsome
02-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Got my new Benchmade and love it. Kind of want to keep this nice and not really EDC it. Is that weird

I have that very same Benchmade knife and have been using it for EDC for about 5 years now and it's as good and sharp as the first day....This is the best knife I have ever owned and it's a life long keeper.....Carry that knife, it will serve you well....