PDA

View Full Version : Interestng Conversation at Range

OldLincoln
07-18-2010, 09:03 PM
I did my thing at the range and when checking out I asked to fondle a Glock 30. I have what I thought are medium hands but my thumb and finger tips were apart and I had to stretch my thumb to reach the mag release. I don't mean to be sexist in any way, but it felt... pregnant to my hand. I just felt over sized for the rest of the gun.

I told the guy about my son pressing me to get a Glock in the past and wanted to play with one before my next purchase - a .45. He saw my PM9 and started selling the PM45. I was impressed to hear him tell what a fine gun it is.

Holding the Glock was enough to settle my case and my son agrees if it doesn't fit I must acquit, oops, I mean I must buy the PM45. Then find some 10rd mags for it.

Jeremiah/Az
07-18-2010, 09:50 PM
I bought a Glock 26 for my truck gun. It fits my hand better than the bigger Glocks. I did put Pearce extentions on the mags. Still it does not compare to my PM9 in size, weight or accuracy. The Glock is a good gun, but I don't care if it gets marked up a little. It does hold 10 rounds.

O'Dell
07-18-2010, 10:49 PM
I did my thing at the range and when checking out I asked to fondle a Glock 30. I have what I thought are medium hands but my thumb and finger tips were apart and I had to stretch my thumb to reach the mag release. I don't mean to be sexist in any way, but it felt... pregnant to my hand. I just felt over sized for the rest of the gun.

I told the guy about my son pressing me to get a Glock in the past and wanted to play with one before my next purchase - a .45. He saw my PM9 and started selling the PM45. I was impressed to hear him tell what a fine gun it is.

Holding the Glock was enough to settle my case and my son agrees if it doesn't fit I must acquit, oops, I mean I must buy the PM45. Then find some 10rd mags for it.

I know exactly what you mean. I've never thought my hands were small, but the only Glock I can grip comfortably is the single stack 36. Even then, the grip angle is wrong for me. They tend to point high. I'll stick with my PM45.

I used to have the same problem with S&W semi's, but Friday I bought a used S&W 45 from Bud's sight unseen. They had s "super sale" on ex-police 4586's with NS's and 2 mags for $259. I didn't think I could go wrong at that price, and the rep said if I can grip my P220 [I can], the Smith wouldn't be a problem.

noslolo
07-19-2010, 12:48 AM
My brother used to be in the Border patrol in Yuma AZ, and simply loved the Glocks, they converted him from the 1911, which was no easy task. For years I wanted one, but every time I gripped one, it just didn't feel right. So I went in another direction...CW40 problem solved!!

recoilguy
07-19-2010, 10:30 AM
You gotta own what feels best. Glocks are good guns but if they don't feel like you can shoot it good it isn't worth it. The same goes for any brand.

RCG