PDA

View Full Version : Do Unto others, a reminder about civility and plain being nice.

Bawanna
10-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Boys and girls, yesterday a thread was finally brought to my attention that was completely out of control with lack of civility and some personal bashing and unkindness.
No need for specifics but this can happen when the subject of the thread perhaps is of little interest to a moderator. Politics is a big one and it happens there a lot.

This was outside that and really my fault, I should have looked at it but I really have no interest in 380's.

At any rate for the most part we have a really fine group of folks here, still after all this time perhaps the best in the forum world with regards to guns.

I guess the gist of this post is to remind folks that in the lower left corner of every post is a box to report a post. When you see unkindness, improper conduct, non constructive brand bashing etc, use it.
This is not for brand new folks that just don't like the way Jocko types, or Muggsy converses, although they of course can utilize it as well.

In the undisclosed thread it was brought up that this is a public forum and anyone can say whatever they want, WRONG. Improper post will be removed immediately and the author probably removed with it with travel accomodations to lesser forums to hang out with their own kind.

Kahr of course supports this forum, the only forum they do support but they do not officially monitor it, they may look or they may not.

We seldom have issues here and the main reason we don't is we *** them in the bud. We're pretty loose in the rules department around here but no place for personal attacks, or unnecessary or non constructive criticism of not only Kahr but any brand.

I intend to make more of an effort to check out all the threads but give us a little help when you see negative stuff.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.

berettabone
10-22-2015, 12:08 PM
It wasn't me, was it?????????????????????:behindsofa:

getsome
10-22-2015, 12:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_P2aUZJyA

Armybrat
10-22-2015, 02:15 PM
I promise not to pass gas anymore.

Bawanna
10-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Thank goodness gas doesn't travel cyberly yet, speaking of which I been deep inside AR 15's for 3 days overhauling, went to the restroom to wash me paws, one which is only used by the violets and myself.
I had to abandon that location, despite my lethargic metabolism due to massive quanities of Hoppe's the room was inhabitable.
My 300#+ leader frequently destroys the quality of life in that restroom but she's gone today and this was only about 150#er.

And they say us guys got no sense of cleanliness and decor.

ltxi
10-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Which one of your paws do the violets be using? Kinda hopin' it's your off-hand.

Bawanna
10-22-2015, 03:33 PM
They use all of me, I think I was reincarnated as a door mat but I see what you did there.

CJB
10-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Thank goodness gas doesn't travel cyberly yet,

I for one, prefer the non cyber way of clearing the courtroom.....

Hey Col - spot the F on with this not being a free speech zone.

You want Free Speech? Go start your OWN forum, and say whatever you want, on THAT forum....

On THIS forum, its like being at a party in someone else's living room. If you lay a big ol' turd in the corner, you gonna take the consequences. Just sayin'...

Iggy
10-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Colonel,
Where's the like button on this forum? Your post deserves a bunch of them.

I haven't been here long, but I like the way you use a gentle rein to keep us in line.

Bawanna
10-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Many members here require no rein at all, you although new are one of them and I'm glad you joined us.

I sense you have a bunch more stories to share in the future.

This is why it's such a nice place to hang out.

jeepster09
10-22-2015, 04:54 PM
And now folks is a picture of Cecil in his early years.....

muggsy
10-22-2015, 05:17 PM
Fan boy? Damn right I'm a fan boy. I love my Kahrs. :)

Iggy
10-22-2015, 05:46 PM
And now folks is a picture of Cecil in his early years.....

Dang! I wonder if they had a cattle prod to get him to growl. I'd be a little snarly too!!:D

Bawanna
10-22-2015, 05:48 PM
I think Jocko has that same setup, never seen it used for a lion though.

b4uqzme
10-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks Colonel. We appreciate you very much. :yo:

mr surveyor
10-22-2015, 08:45 PM
what did I miss?

jd

Newman31Bravo
10-22-2015, 10:29 PM
So no more crying about how much a I hate Kahr on the Kahr forums? Thank God it was making my eyes bleed reading it I'm a hard core fan boy. All I own is two Kahrs and that's it. But in all seriousness thanks for monitoring the forums I have left other forms for the admin letting older members say whatever they want it's bulls**t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downtownv
10-23-2015, 03:54 AM
So no more crying about how much a I hate Kahr on the Kahr forums? Thank God it was making my eyes bleed reading it I'm a hard core fan boy. All I own is two Kahrs and that's it. But in all seriousness thanks for monitoring the forums I have left other forms for the admin letting older members say whatever they want it's bulls**t

Old Members? If you're 60 you are a youngster here!

GA_Sheepdog
10-23-2015, 06:50 AM
I'm 29 and there's guys on this forum with grandkids my age. Damn geezers! Lol

Bawanna
10-23-2015, 08:38 AM
My oldest son is 29, what you talking about Cletus?

CharlieR
10-23-2015, 09:18 AM
I've actually found KahrTalk to be more civil than other brand-specific forums. I have appreciated the information I've gotten on here, and while I have indeed had some problems with 2 of my Kahrs, they were able to be resolved, and both of them are among the most reliable of all my pistols. Being a former D.A., I guess I'm used to the occasional ugliness that comes from insecure people who don't happen to share the same view as you. Sticks and Stones......

Newman31Bravo
10-23-2015, 11:50 AM
I meant more senior forum members [emoji13] I've only been a member for a month or so

leftysixty
10-23-2015, 12:13 PM
My oldest child is 42, my youngest is 21, and I can't count high enough to keep track of the grandchildren or great grandchildren.

Am I an "old timer" or just krazy? :crazy::der::ohmy:

Alfonse
10-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Lefty, it is all relative. As I see it, if you are a day older than me, you probably have a mature outlook. A day or more younger than I and it would be a rather youthful exuberance.

I try to stick with that story anyway...

jeepster09
10-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Jocko is 13 :boink:

yqtszhj
10-23-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm not old, just something like a work truck. Drove hard and not well maintained.

Although I will say the last 18 months have been all interstate on cruse control. I hope it stays like this.

jocko
10-23-2015, 05:32 PM
I think Jocko has that same setup, never seen it used for a lion though.

that is my set up, I loaned that to the zoo to work on the lion. They said it worked great. I said hellyes I have used it on sheep for 25 years course it was to me satisfaction, not the sheeps. Just sayin.

jocko
10-23-2015, 05:36 PM
this is not a very old forum but its members are indeed old, u die on this forum. very few ever get banned. I tried leaving the fourm last year for 3 months when I wernt south for the winter and the colonel never let me alone, then came Muggsy with his baggering, so I came back out of fear ...Just sayin

Bawanna
10-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Someone asked how they made the lion roar, I suspect Jocko had something to do with that too.

jocko
10-23-2015, 05:48 PM
this is not a very old forum but its members are indeed old, u die on this forum. very few ever get banned. I tried leaving the fourm last year for 3 months when I wernt south for the winter and the colonel never let me alone, then came Muggsy with his baggering, so I came back out of fear ...Just sayin

well its whaqt we sheep herders do u know. We just don't sit under some damn aspen tree and carve airplance images in the trees to pass our time. Just sayin

Iggy
10-23-2015, 06:41 PM
that is my set up, I loaned that to the zoo to work on the lion. They said it worked great. I said hellyes I have used it on sheep for 25 years course it was to me satisfaction, not the sheeps. Just sayin.

Oh, I know all about you guys. Here's a neighbor of ours on a date.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p246/Iggy25/Iggyonadate.jpg

Armybrat
10-23-2015, 07:36 PM
My oldest son is 29, what you talking about Cletus?

Pay attention, sonny.

Armybrat
10-23-2015, 07:38 PM
My oldest child is 42, my youngest is 21, and I can't count high enough to keep track of the grandchildren or great grandchildren.

Am I an "old timer" or just krazy? :crazy::der::ohmy:

Another youngster trying hog all the "senior" discount benefits.

yqtszhj
10-23-2015, 07:43 PM
Oh, I know all about you guys. Here's a neighbor of ours on a date.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p246/Iggy25/Iggyonadate.jpg

Iggy may be new but is gonna fit right in around here

Iggy
10-23-2015, 08:32 PM
LOL!!http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p246/Iggy25/evil_zps20195143.gif

leftysixty
10-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Another youngster trying hog all the "senior" discount benefits.

I don't understand! I'm old enough to get the senior benies, but I ain't seeing any that are worth walking across the room for.

Gotta admit that I do "use" my fair share of the medical benefits!

"Life is Good"

ltxi
10-24-2015, 03:49 PM
Iggy may be new but is gonna fit right in around here

x2...

Iggy
10-24-2015, 05:24 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d5/07/b8/d507b8828ef5aea2b162bffca4438edb.jpg
Garsh!! I don't know whether to be tickled or scared......;)

ltxi
10-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Probably both. As my now wife told me the first morning we woke up in bed together...."Stick around here and you're probably screwed, but you'll most likely love it."