PDA

View Full Version : Taurus PT-140 .40 cal. Bought off old man to0 Skeeert to use it!

Pancho_Villa
10-31-2015, 01:06 AM
I was working a trade table at a show last weekend near Corpus Christ,Tex. Hurricane from Mexico was headed our way and rain was coming down. However, people were still coming into the gunshow. Maybe the political related panic buying is starting again? Show was pretty full and there were tornado warnings out.

Anyway, an older man came by with this PT-140 a SA semi, fixed sights, safety & no decocker, 10 round mags, box, manual & warranty card. He said his son gave it to him as a gift, but he was afraid to shoot it. Said he saw internet vids on the gun firing after the safety had been put on. He wanted 2 bills for it.

Well the gun did look unfired. I was going to tell him maybe he shouldn't be telling everyone that it had problems. Actually a recall is pening on it after a ruling in Jan 2016. All Millenium Pro models are affected. Instead I told the old guy I would buy his problem gun that he was too skeeert to shoot for 150. He settled for 160. They are @ 3-350 new, but have heard of stores running specials cause of all the bad infor. Suppose to be getting new G2 models for the old Mil Pros in exchange if the re suit is settled. Some people already have from what I heard.

I checked the trigger on this one when the old guy brought it to me and it worked just fine with the safety. There is a problem with some if the safety is applied while the trigger is partially depressed. Safety will not keep it from firing then. Kinda a stupid thing to do. I keep my finger off the trigge when I put the safety on.

Anyway, I would have bought it. I had a couple of Mil Pros in .45 cal and they worked fine.

I ain't soo skeeert to shoot it. Worked o.k.

http://www.bersaforum.com/images/1/1/8/thumb2_121-402.jpg (http://www.bersaforum.com/images/1/1/8/121-402.jpg)

Its a compact gun, about the same size as my CW45 and a bit bigger and thicker than my LC9s. Only problem is the same old shooting low problem I have with the Hienie "staight 8" sights on all the Taurus autos. Guess one size fits all. However the newer G2 is suppse to have a rear with elevation adjstmant. That will help alot. Maybe I will swap it for a G2 if they start the recall if I haven't swapped it by then. As you can see, my first shots were completely below the 15" pizza box with a normal hold. I had to "walk it" up and even had to raise the front sight a bit to be it to zero at 21 feet. I won't buy a higher fear sight for a gun that shouldhave had one in the first place. My PT-145s were the same way. A couple of PT-638s in .380 also and a PT-24/7 in .45 cal.

http://www.bersaforum.com/images/1/1/8/thumb2_002-403.jpg (http://www.bersaforum.com/images/1/1/8/002-403.jpg)

muggsy
10-31-2015, 04:56 AM
Some guns shoot low in anticipation of recoil. :) I'm not saying that's the case with your guns, but it may be.

Pancho_Villa
10-31-2015, 12:17 PM
Haven't had that problem with other auto pistols. The PT-99 (Beretta 92 copy, sorta) has an adjustable rear. It is the only one of all the Taurus autos I have had that shot where I wanted it to. I even had a PT-1911 that shot a full foot low at 10 feet. All the guns worked perfectly well, just shot low. I have 3 of their revolvers and those shoot to POA or just above it.

yqtszhj
10-31-2015, 02:11 PM
I thought i was the only one that shot at blue painters tape. I guess not. ;)

10-31-2015, 03:02 PM
Wasn't this one of the models that where just recalled? I might be wrong, but I think they're taking them back and will upgrade them to the newer models.

Alfonse
10-31-2015, 04:31 PM
I picked up a PT111 G2 and it seems to shoot POA. Surprisingly good for the price.

Pancho_Villa
10-31-2015, 11:20 PM
Wasn't this one of the models that where just recalled? I might be wrong, but I think they're taking them back and will upgrade them to the newer models.

Did ya happen to read all my post? That's why the old man sold it to me. He was afraid to shoot it cause of thehorror stories he read about and saw on the internet vids.

Pancho_Villa
10-31-2015, 11:23 PM
I picked up a PT111 G2 and it seems to shoot POA. Surprisingly good for the price.

People have already been sending the Mil Pros back to get the newer G2s. Some have and some are having to wait. And the wait will get longer. You can check on the Taurus Armed Forum for more info on your G2.