PDA

View Full Version : First 200 Rounds

JohnnyRS
11-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Last weekend I ran a hundred rounds of Winchester white box through my CW45. Today I ran my second hundred through. Fifty Remington UMC and fifty Perfecta. All flawless, not a single hiccup.

The only thing, a non issue really, the Remingtons were ejecting straight back and plunking me on top of the head.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Perfectas. They ran great and really accurate. My local Wal Mart has them for 15.44 a box of fifty. That price for .45's for practice and plinking, you can't beat it.

Sent from my XT1254

Ronni3_J
11-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Glad to hear everything was good to go.

CJB
11-08-2015, 07:53 PM
As the recoil spring loosens the straight up ejection will get better.

muggsy
11-09-2015, 05:46 AM
Try firming up your wrists. You might find that the ejection problem disappears.

JohnnyRS
11-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Try firming up your wrists. You might find that the ejection problem disappears.
This brings me to the question of grip. I have pretty long fingers and when I use the two thumbs forward grip my strong hand (right) thumb wants to rest right on the slide lock.

I read about some people hitting the lock while shooting, so I've been holding it down below the lock. This in turn cause my front thumb to not even make contact with the frame.

I haven't had any problems except those few ejected cases hitting on top of my head. But it makes me wonder how any others grip theirs? Thumb resting on the lock or below.

Sent from my XT1254

CJB
11-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Can only say... my own PM45's did the head thing until broken in well.

And... use the hottest ammo you can afford or find, to do the best break in job