PDA

View Full Version : To all veterans

O'Dell
11-10-2015, 11:24 PM
Thank you all for your service from a twelve year Navy veteran!

Go Navy, beat Army

muggsy
11-11-2015, 05:12 AM
Likewise, for half that time.

laserfish
11-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. From my nephew who flew a Warthog in the first gulf war to my son in law who is currently deployed on a submarine and all those before and will come after. Thank you and your families for the sacrifice made!

marshal kane
11-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Thanks to all who are serving, have served, or retired from our armed forces. Words alone cannot fully convey the gratitude we owe you for keeping us free.

Iggy
11-11-2015, 07:14 AM
A tip of the old Stetson to all who have served and those serving today. We owe you more than we can ever repay.

I have a Son who is celebrating the birthday of the U.S. Marine Corp these days. He was just promoted to Master Gunnery Sergeant. He retires in 2 years.. Mighty proud of that lad and what he has done.

getsome
11-11-2015, 08:46 AM
I thank all the Veterans who have served, are currently in the Military or have family in the service for everything they have done to keep this country free and safe....... There are not enough words to express how much I appreciate your courage and sacrifice for America....

God Bless You All............:Amflag2:

berettabone
11-11-2015, 08:55 AM
A BIG thanks to all that have served, and to those who currently serve.

Bob T
11-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Thank you to my fellow vets...and thanks for the thanks from everyone else...

It's funny...although I really appreciate all the thanks, discounts, and respect I've received for my time in the service, I can't help but remember that I only joined because I couldn't think of a better way to get out of my parents house and support myself.

No regrets though....I learned a lot about myself, the world, different people, parachutes, 105mm howitzers and floor buffers...

Bob

muggsy
11-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. From my nephew who flew a Warthog in the first gulf war to my son in law who is currently deployed on a submarine and all those before and will come after. Thank you and your families for the sacrifice made!

I never saw my service as a sacrifice. I considered it an obligation and an honor. I have always felt that I owed a debt to those who served before me and who allowed me to live free in the greatest nation on the face of the earth. I was honored to be allowed to serve. I do appreciate your thanks.

TD2K
11-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Thank you to all veterans.

WWII veterans in my family:

From top left, going clockwise:
My grandfather, Cpl. Robert Dickinson, U.S. Army WWll, postwar Germany
My great-uncle, Seaman first class, Robert Joe Thomas, WWll. Aleutians and Pacific.
My great-uncle, Lt. JG James Verl Thomas, US Navy,WWll, Pacific
My great-uncle, (In memory of) Ens. Virgil Carl Thomas, US Navy pilot, WWll, Pacific. Missing in action June 14, 1945.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13096&stc=1

And also, my step-grandfather, Carl Killion, U. S. Army World War II Pacific Theatre Aleutian Islands campaign, invasion and retaking of Attu and Kiska
http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13095&stc=1

Alfonse
11-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks to all the veterans who served in the United States military! A few other countries or a claimed caliphate my thanks are not extended to, but I sure do appreciate the veterans as well as police and firefighters that are willing to put themselves in harms way. Thanks again!

downtownv
11-11-2015, 04:56 PM
I fought for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgYLr_LfhLo

DanTana
11-11-2015, 05:14 PM
My grandfather was a 37 year veteran, my dad was a 25 year veteran. To all veterans on this day, god bless you.

Bawanna
11-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Funny story. My son now in 29 Palms went to chow on Monday and they said to be sure and come back Tuesday, the Marine Corp Birthday as they were having Steak and Lobster.
Of course as luck would have it they got sent out into the field for over night training. They had to haul about a dozen guys back, they got hypothermia, dropped down to about 20 and they weren't prepared for it. Said it was the coldest he ever remembers being.

Now he's got free time through the weekend and another 4 day coming up around Thanksgiving. No more in the field for at least a couple weeks.

I checked his bank account and he had 55 cents in it. Put some money in for him so he could east this weekend, guess his motorcycle payment was due.

Proud profession but not very lucrative and most don't care. Yet another sacrifice they suffer for the good of all of us.

GROTMAN
11-11-2015, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=berettabone;354645]A BIG thanks to all that have served, and to those who currently serve.[/QUOTE

+1

http://www.freeallimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/veterans-poems-tributes-5.jpg (http://www.freeallimages.com/veterans-poems-tributes/)

GLOCKROCKER
11-11-2015, 05:47 PM
My sincere appreciation and gratitude to all who have served and are currently serving. THANK YOU!:Amflag2: