PDA

View Full Version : My New PM9 Range Report

mikearc
07-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Finally made my first trip to the range today and I must say that 290 rounds later I’m very impressed with my PM9. Of course my hand was a bit red afterward so it looks like some kind of better grip might be worth getting. Majority of shots were at the 7 and 15 yard mark but I think 7 to 10 may be a more realistic distance to shoot. The kick was much less than I thought it would be for the short barrel. Didn’t worry a lot about “group sizes” just wanted to get lots of rounds through this first time out.

My concern is that it’s very hard loading both of the mags. That last two to three bullets are real hard to get in there. I noticed the 6 round mag says MK Kahr on the side and the 7 round has no markings at all. Is this the correct 6 round mag for the PM9? Also, the 6 round one will not drop completely free when released but the 7 round one does. Guess it’s just the weight difference. Anyway my new High Noon Split Decision holster arrives tomorrow and I hope I’m as happy with it as I am with my new Kahr. Didn't notice it right away till I read about it on another post but my PM9 has the new tapered slide and I really like it (born date 6/24/10).

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their knowledge and helping me in making my decision to get the PM9.

cemjr
07-20-2010, 05:08 PM
I too just took delivery on a new PM9094N . I'm able to shoot right on my property. I cleaned the gun out of the box, then shot 200 rnds FMJ and 25 JHP . I then cleaned it a second time and noticed a small notch or chip in the stainless steel slide guide near the front of the receiver (on the same side as the mag release). Kahr cus. ser. say "it's a wittness mark" and is normal. Would you mind looking at yours to see if it looks the same? My mags were sticky at first but are beginning to drop out freely.

mikearc
07-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Yes, mine also has it, and it's also the same model number as yours. Wow, wish I had some property to shoot on oh well. Good to find someone else that likes the black slide.

cemjr
07-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Just to be clear, I'm talking about inside the gun on the pieces of stainless that are molded into the receiver.

cgo99
07-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I would not worry to much about the magazines been hard to load, it should start softening up shortly. It just take a few days to soft them up, just leave them loaded for a couple of days. And the notch is normal.
I'm glad you are both happy with your PM9, I personally love mine.

mikearc
07-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Yes that must be the same thing, took it apart to make sure. May not have noticed it without your post. Sounds like I might need to Google witness mark and see what descriptions/pictures show up.

cemjr
07-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Like I said customer service said it was normal and now that I know yours looks the same I believe them. I'm very happy with my purchase. I looked at the holster you ordered , looks like a good possibility. Thanks for checking your gun and gettin back with me.

Swat_dude
07-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Mine has the witness mark and the same problem with the 6 round mag not dropping free. I notice it seems to be expanded over the 7 round as the bullets inside are "double-stacking".

kahrseye
07-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Finally made my first trip to the range today and I must say that 290 rounds later I’m very impressed with my PM9. Of course my hand was a bit red afterward so it looks like some kind of better grip might be worth getting. Majority of shots were at the 7 and 15 yard mark but I think 7 to 10 may be a more realistic distance to shoot. The kick was much less than I thought it would be for the short barrel. Didn’t worry a lot about “group sizes” just wanted to get lots of rounds through this first time out.

My concern is that it’s very hard loading both of the mags. That last two to three bullets are real hard to get in there. I noticed the 6 round mag says MK Kahr on the side and the 7 round has no markings at all. Is this the correct 6 round mag for the PM9? Also, the 6 round one will not drop completely free when released but the 7 round one does. Guess it’s just the weight difference. Anyway my new High Noon Split Decision holster arrives tomorrow and I hope I’m as happy with it as I am with my new Kahr. Didn't notice it right away till I read about it on another post but my PM9 has the new tapered slide and I really like it (born date 6/24/10).

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their knowledge and helping me in making my decision to get the PM9.

I put a Hogue grip on my PM9 and PM45, it really makes a big difference. Some folks in here use a bicycle tire inner tube. Whatever works for you. Also mine has the witness mark on the left side.

racuda
07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes, "MK Kahr" is correct for the 6 round mag.

olympicmotorcars
07-21-2010, 08:34 PM
I have split decisions for both my PM 40 and my Glock 27. I think you will love it.