PDA

View Full Version : Holster / Mag holder?

Ak Guy
07-21-2010, 02:33 AM
Hi.....ultra newbie here........got my PM9 a few weeks ago, and completed the 200+ rnd break-in, and it's been 100% perfect so far. I'm really impressed w/ the little fella !! I got it mainly for the times when only a pocket carry will do, but I may try it out in IDPA, just to get to know it better, and test it/me a little more. Which FINALLY brings me to my question: what do you recommend for an inexpensive holster (belt strong side) and mag holder? Thanx......

StellarRigs
07-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi.....ultra newbie here........got my PM9 a few weeks ago, and completed the 200+ rnd break-in, and it's been 100% perfect so far. I'm really impressed w/ the little fella !! I got it mainly for the times when only a pocket carry will do, but I may try it out in IDPA, just to get to know it better, and test it/me a little more. Which FINALLY brings me to my question: what do you recommend for an inexpensive holster (belt strong side) and mag holder? Thanx......

Since you got the PM9 for pocket carry, you might want to pick up the Stellar Rigs Model C (with spare mag pouch) Pocket Holster directly from Kahr's Webstore. If your taste is more exotic (as in Carbon Fiber laminate) look us up and order direct.

4T5Guy
07-21-2010, 07:09 PM
I think that you will find out that you maybe will not be satisfied with the fit, quality/durability, ride comfort, security, RE-HOLSTERING, and absolute concealment of an "inexpensive" holster. The dealer I got my PM9 from, threw in a Uncle Mikes with it. I gave it back to him the next day. You just got a somewhat expensive, life time sidearm, so you might as well go again and buy a holster to compliment it, one that will last it's life time and yours. Probably just me, but I really like the Mitch Rosen line for leather. I have been an avid fan of Mitch, and his offerings since the '90's. Great story, great guy, great products. My two cents anyway. NEXT.

rickmn50
07-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I have tried dozens of holsters (I have the box full to prove it). I have settled on Cross Breed and Kholsters (nod to CB). Lots of choices out there...enough to confuse the crap out of you. You need to see what works best for you. Outside the belt for me was a disaster! Never again.

My 2 cents as well. Good luck!

recoilguy
07-22-2010, 08:43 AM
I think that you will find out that you maybe will not be satisfied with the fit, quality/durability, ride comfort, security, RE-HOLSTERING, and absolute concealment of an "inexpensive" holster. The dealer I got my PM9 from, threw in a Uncle Mikes with it. I gave it back to him the next day. You just got a somewhat expensive, life time sidearm, so you might as well go again and buy a holster to compliment it, one that will last it's life time and yours. NEXT.

This is great advice and makes me smile to read that someone thinks along the same lines as I do. If you spend good money on a gun get a good holster. There are many out there. Here (http://www.jndtactical.com) is a good option to Kholster or the sponsor brand. A good holster is a very nice thing to have.

RCG

Ak Guy
07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I certainly agree w/ the thoughts on "good holsters". ie: I've got several Del Fatti and other high-end holsters for daily carry and regular competition. But the PM9, when carried, will be in my pocket. I'm just looking for an inexpensive holster in order to try out the PM9 in IDPA a time or two, just for kicks........ It will never become one of my "regular" IDPA guns.
I'm waiting now for my Mika pocket holster, and hope it will do the job. I got a Desantis Super Fly, and don't care much for it at all.....it comes out of the pocket every time w/ the gun. I'll probably be returning it soon.

hobbydad
07-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I use a Fobus C21B paddle holster, and Fobus 4500P dual mag paddle at the range. I think I have maybe $50 in the set, and they work great for their intended purpose. It would be hard to beat the set for the money, and they will last forever. They do make a fancier version of each that swivel, but I purposely went the least expensive route. (Holster pictured is obviously not for a PM9, but they do have specific models, and the fit is great)

http://www.fobusholster.com/images/products/c21b-004.jpg

http://www.fobusholster.com/images/products/4500p.jpg

PolyKahr
07-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I too have tried several holsters over the years, including the Fobus, which was "all right," and a Galco pancake holster, which was again, "ok." What I have settled on (for now) is a Wild Bills IWB holster,

Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters | Gun Belts | Accessories | Packages (http://wildbillsconcealment.com.fountainheadhost.com/shop/category.asp?catid=8)

I carry the Covert Carry which you can see in the picture with a Kahr PM9. Never been made, even in shorts and a tee shirt.

Wild Bills are good people to work with as well.

Regards,
PolyKahr

Note, I do not get anything for recommending them, just a satified customer.

RichN
07-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Check out Tucker Gunleather. I have the Cover Up IWB for my MK40 and it is super comfortable. The only downside is that it does not stay open for easy reholstering. I got their Silent Thunder IWB for my Sig P229. It is leather lined kydex with an almost identical pattern to the Cover Up. I now have a Silent Thunder IWB on order for my MK40 as well as I do shoot IDPA with it sometimes and my two handed reholster is making the safety officer's hair fall out.

Here is the link to Tucker's web site.

Tucker Gunleather (http://www.tuckergunleather.com)

kahrdriver
07-25-2010, 03:47 PM
I just got an IWB from Alabama Holster Company. I've been
wearing it about 8-10 hours a day and find it to be so comfortable and light with my PM9, I "forget" (not literally mind you) that its there. It really is a most comfortable set up. Some folks knock kydex because its hard...but all holsters are when they have a gun stuck inside. Plus, kydex is thinner.
Alabama Holster Company - Concealment Products That "Just Plain Work" (http://alabamaholster.com/)