PDA

View Full Version : F.Y.I. There's been a slight change to the P9.

RogerP9fan
07-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Mabe old news to some, but I just found that last year there was a design change to the slide of the P9. It now measures 5.9" as compared to what Kahr website says as 5.8"
I was told by a high level Kahr sales and marketing exec. via e-mail.
He said that slightly increased the P9 weight but didn't specify.
Anyway, no big deal unless perhaps you're in the market for a IWB holster and you need that perfect fit.
As of 2009, the P9 is dimensionally identical to it's brother, the CW9. The P9 may still be slightly lighter however.
Speaking of holsters, Kholster.com (kinda similar to Crossbreed) has an awesome sale starting tomorrow.

jocko
07-21-2010, 04:00 PM
sounds to me like kahr wanted to standardize some things to and the slide length makes alot of sense, no sense in having a slide 1/10th inch different...Sure makes alot of sense..

jfrey
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't think 1/10th of an inch is going to be a deal breaker for most folks. Like Jocko said it is probably standardization of things in the factory.

RogerP9fan
07-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Na, the deals off. I'm calling Buds right now.
J/k
Who knows, mabe that 1/10th'' difference in length might affect the fit in the kydex holster.

rkirk
07-22-2010, 06:51 AM
It does affect the fit in a kydex holster! I bought a close out Comp-Tac CTAC from Gunners Alley. The model available for my CW9 was for a P9. My CW9 almost fit! The bottom of the holster was curved in at the proper length for a P9 but kept my CW9 from clicking into place. That was the 1/10 difference. At that time I thought both pistols were identical. When I checked the Kahr web site I discovered the difference in weight and length. A little work on the bottom of the holster and problem solved.

-- Richard

deadhead1971
07-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Some also report "tapered" new slides on the PM9. What's that all about? Anyone got photos of that?

ibm_db2
07-22-2010, 09:16 AM
RogerP9fan, thanks for your research, I would like to see the P9 15oz vs 15.8, to me it's a plus, but the no deal breaker for sure. I can't believe I never really considered the Kahr P9 until recently. I don't have it yet, but from what read it's best compact/medium 9mm for conceal carry, because it's thin, light weight, smooth safer trigger,great customer service,pretty and reliable I purchased the M&P9c about two months ago for CC, the gun has been great, no hiccups period, a real pleasure to shoot, but when I load the magazine it starts to get heavy after a couple of hours, and they made it too wide.

RogerP9fan
07-22-2010, 12:04 PM
I couldn't have said it better, I know, same with my G27 (still love it though) P9 will be a nice addition to the family, especially when wanting to travel light. :)

jocko
07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
It does affect the fit in a kydex holster! I bought a close out Comp-Tac CTAC from Gunners Alley. The model available for my CW9 was for a P9. My CW9 almost fit! The bottom of the holster was curved in at the proper length for a P9 but kept my CW9 from clicking into place. That was the 1/10 difference. At that time I thought both pistols were identical. When I checked the Kahr web site I discovered the difference in weight and length. A little work on the bottom of the holster and problem solved.

-- Richard

I wouldnothave thought 1/10" would be so critical in a holster.:der: learn something new every day.

rkirk
07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Jocko, me to, but it seems that while my leather holsters, the less expensive ones are more forgiving than Kydex and the leather allows different guns to sort of fit, Kydex does not. The curved end of the CTAC holds back the CW9 from sliding forward enough and keeps the pistol from moving the trigger guard into the dimple. Although I worked at the holster trying to open the end more I never got a complete fit. I could cut the end off making a slide. I decided it had more than enough retention the way it is, so I am happy with the holster.

-- Richard

RogerP9fan
07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
When I ordered my Kholster today (20% off sale) I specified Kahr P9 and also gave them the new dimensions, so hopefully, they're paying attention and it will be a perfect click. (fit)