PDA

View Full Version : First 100 rounds thru my new CT 45. Love it!

JasonVanHalen
12-11-2015, 12:35 AM
I'm officially a Kahr fan. Picked up a CT 45 at a gun show and took her out to the range today. Man, what a blast. My first time shooting a .45, definitely smacks the heel of my palm harder than my .40 Beretta. Was controllable once I got the hang of it. The trigger will take some getting used to, but I'm gonna have a ton of fun practicing with it.

6M3YCuaVZOw

b4uqzme
12-11-2015, 06:25 AM
Not bad form there Jason. :)

gb6491
12-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Nice! Thanks for sharing :)

hardluk1
12-11-2015, 06:58 AM
The ct45 is a hard pistol not to like . Snap is minimal , push back is controllable , triggers have a lite pull weight and price of the ct series is looow . You will learn to stage the trigger when shooting for group . The wide kahr 45's fits many big gun holsters well too . My wifes m&ps compacts holsters works real well for it .I get buy with my sig holsters . Good video , good grip . Only down side to me is the aggressive texture , my ole hands are getting soft with age I guess .

JasonVanHalen
12-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Thanks guys! Forgot to mention, the only thing weird that happened was at about 1:30, when I put a new magazine in, the slide went forward into battery on its own. Not a bad thing I guess but it was weird. It stripped a round off and everything, just kinda had a mind of its own.

Otherwise fed and ejected everything perfectly! What break-in period?? :D

jocko
12-11-2015, 09:59 AM
I'm officially a Kahr fan. Picked up a CT 45 at a gun show and took her out to the range today. Man, what a blast. My first time shooting a .45, definitely smacks the heel of my palm harder than my .40 Beretta. Was controllable once I got the hang of it. The trigger will take some getting used to, but I'm gonna have a ton of fun practicing with it.

6M3YCuaVZOw

port the fokker, enjoy the gun more..

JasonVanHalen
12-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Thanks, I love the idea. Can I just send the barrel somewhere to have that done?

b4uqzme
12-11-2015, 12:50 PM
you might want to check into these guys... http://www.magnaport.com/

I suspect you would need to send them barrel and slide. Jocko's been promoting them for a long time and I think he may have finally got me thinking about porting my K40. Why not? It's only money. ;)

jocko
12-11-2015, 01:54 PM
you might want to check into these guys... http://www.magnaport.com/

I suspect you would need to send them barrel and slide. Jocko's been promoting them for a long time and I think he may have finally got me thinking about porting my K40. Why not? It's only money. ;)

barrel and slide, regular mail even for about 8$, perfectly legal. Magna port is simply the best out there, they have been doing this for over 30 years. I think I must have had a dozen or so in my years, Own 4 now presently. ur webb site is correct. Trn around isnormally 2-3 weeks tops.. You will not regret it.Most ol wives tales are told by deceased husbands..

muggsy
12-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys! Forgot to mention, the only thing weird that happened was at about 1:30, when I put a new magazine in, the slide went forward into battery on its own. Not a bad thing I guess but it was weird. It stripped a round off and everything, just kinda had a mind of its own.

Otherwise fed and ejected everything perfectly! What break-in period?? :D

It's perfectly normal for the slide to go forward when you slam a loaded magazine home. See video at about 1:50 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjLbFOw8sow

JasonVanHalen
12-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Right on, thanks for the info. I actually thought it was kinda cool. If I could get it to do that every time that'd be sweet.

JasonVanHalen
12-11-2015, 08:01 PM
barrel and slide, regular mail even for about 8$, perfectly legal. Magna port is simply the best out there, they have been doing this for over 30 years. I think I must have had a dozen or so in my years, Own 4 now presently. ur webb site is correct. Trn around isnormally 2-3 weeks tops.. You will not regret it.Most ol wives tales are told by deceased husbands..

Thanks guys, I am all over that. This gun will be a fun platform for customizations I think. Ported barrel, cerakote job, oh the possibilities.

OvalNut
12-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Nice gun, have fun!

.. my RSOs and I would have a big problem with the muzzle pointed sideways during mag reloading... Keep it pointed down range.

Tim

JasonVanHalen
12-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Nice gun, have fun!

.. my RSOs and I would have a big problem with the muzzle pointed sideways during mag reloading... Keep it pointed down range.

Tim

Appreciate the guidance. I'm a pretty new shooter, I had to scan the video to see what you were talking about. I do see it, and will definitely watch that next time out. Thanks!