PDA

View Full Version : Hello from southern In.

knot4reel
12-11-2015, 02:17 PM
I've owned and been shooting firearms for over fifty years and just recently bought my first Kahr. It's a CW380 tungsten. I gave it a good cleaning and headed to the range hoping for the best. Now I've been lurking on here for awhile and understand that with the CW380 some teething problems might be expected but I was hoping to get one that ran great out of the box. Well that thought went down the tubes with the first round :2eek::2eek:. In the first 30 or so rounds I experienced every malfunction possible. For full disclosure, the ammo I had on hand at the time to try was Blazer Brass 95gr. Was I discouraged, absolutely. Will I give up on it, never.

Since that outing I have polished the ramp and chamber and did all the mag fixes posted here. Thanks guys for the info on this forum. I haven't had the chance to try it again but will soon and let you know how it goes. Will also have some different ammo to try. I love this little gun and I know that with the help found here it will soon run like the fox that stole your last chicken. Sorry for being so long winded but you guys know how us old timers are.

Bawanna
12-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Welcome knot4reel.

Don't give up on that thing, we'll get ya running given the chance.

Glad ya found us.

kwh
12-11-2015, 03:30 PM
+1 on the ammo change. It seems some of the CW 380's can be picky even with certain factory ball ammo. Each one can be an individual. Maybe try Lawman ammo. Run another 50 rounds and see if things don't start to get get better in a hurry. Be sure to keep a straight wrist.

marshal kane
12-15-2015, 11:48 AM
If you see scratches on the side of your fired cartridge cases, that's an indication that the feed lips on the magazines need to be deburred. I had that on my new P9 so ran into FTF problems. Once deburred, no more FTF problems. Rounds come out of my mags like greased pigs.

muggsy
12-15-2015, 05:03 PM
If you can find it in your area try PMC ball ammo. I broke in My CM9 and P380 and has no feeding problems with it what-so-ever. I cleaned my guns every fifty rounds and kept them well lubed during the break-in period. Welcome aboard.

knot4reel
12-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions folks. Will be trying all of them on the little feller.

muggsy
12-16-2015, 06:12 AM
You might want to consider moving to Ohio.You're in awfully close proximity to "Old Jocko". He might rub off on you. :)