PDA

View Full Version : NooB thinking of CM9

BobK
12-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Hi all, I thought I would join up here and start researching the CM9. My last purchase was a Kimber Solo without doing any research and just believing that Kimbers were the top of the line so who needed to worry. So after a trip back to Kimber the gun appears to be working correctly but with the need to use only premium ammo of at least 124gr I just don't have the confidence in the gun that I should even though it has now shot around 200 rounds without a single issue. Confidence in a firearm is just so important when it comes to protecting your life. So I will read these forums and and other spots and see what I can learn.

Alfonse
12-16-2015, 12:58 PM
There is lots to learn here from some very knowledgeable folks. Peruse the forum on the CM9 and ask any questions you like.

BobK
12-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Thanks, trying to not make the same mistake twice.

berettabone
12-16-2015, 02:41 PM
I am sure your Kimber would work just fine with premium ammo. Isn't that what you'd want for carry anyway???????? Not a Kimber fan, just being realistic..............................

muggsy
12-16-2015, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to get a CM9. Once you get through the break-in it should be totally reliable. Mine is.

kwh
12-16-2015, 03:53 PM
I also agree with this. My every day pocket carry for the past several years is a CM9. I only use premium ammo for carry. Now, after the break- in, it shoots most anything I feed it.
Also what Muggsy said. Do not expect it to 100% at the start. At first mine was not 100% with 115 gr.
I am sure your Kimber would work just fine with premium ammo. Isn't that what you'd want for carry anyway???????? Not a Kimber fan, just being realistic..............................

deadeye
12-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Guess I am one of the fortunate ones. Mine has been 100% out of the box. It is my constant companion. Got a few FTE's at a little over 2000 rds. New recoil spring and back to 100%.

b4uqzme
12-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Welcome Bob. We tend to be a little biased here but IMHO the CM9 is THE best compromise for a carry pistol all things considered. Kahrs tend not to have that foolproof Glock reliability but, if you apply just a little firearms knowledge and care, it will be a 100% trustworthy carry piece. Plus you have Kahr service (which is much better than the interweb gripers portray) and a ton of knowledgeable folks on this forum just in case. Buy with confidence.