PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from 'Bama!

rum_runner
12-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Just found this site.
Have been shooting for 50+ years. Parents turned me loose with my trusty Stevens .22 about age 7, roaming the woods on our farm. I had been "taught" about safety, over and over, by my Gramps, who was an avid "bird" hunter. To this day I have never "messed up".
I have owned many firearms over the years, with my main interest/collection being military bolt action rifles, with a couple of AK's and a CETME thrown in.
Handguns have always been in my collection also. 1911's, Hi Powers, Ruger's, Berreta's, etc. Most semi auto. I got in on the Makarovs when they first started showing up in the '90's, by purchasing an East German, and a new Russian IJ-70. Both in 9x18. They are rugged, hit where you point, and will "eat" any ammo. The East German has been my ccw gun for years. The Russian is still in its box, with the holster, 2 mags, cleaning rod, and manual.

Double stack pistols were always uncomfortable for me. I have small hands, so a single stack feels just right.
When I started hearing about the CW.40 I had to check it out. I immediately liked the feel, and it is lighter than the Makarovs, at almost the same size.
I purchased one in June of this year, and although I've only put about 100 rds through it, it is a keeper. I will discuss more of my experiences with it in the CW40 Forum.

I'm sure I will learn a lot from the threads here.

berettabone
12-17-2015, 10:03 AM
Welcome from the frozen tundra..................................40 cal., my favorite.

b4uqzme
12-17-2015, 10:58 AM
...let's see... 7 years old + 50 = you're 39, right? Me too! Welcome from another who likes to shoot .40. So much so that I only have the one 9mm = Kahr MK9.

Ken L
12-17-2015, 12:07 PM
I've got a CW40 also. It's a great shooter. I'm at over 1000 rounds thru it now and it's going strong.

rum_runner
12-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure it will be a fun ride...

Alfonse
12-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Welcome, 50 years a shooter makes you young compared to some of the members here! Enjoy your youth again!