PDA

View Full Version : New P45

tower3
12-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Got a P45 for a 1st anniv. gift from the wife. 1st impressions - I like the sights, I like the trigger, recoil spring is crazy tight and if I start fishing again the grip straps will make a fine scaler. The last 2 statements are partially due to weak sensitive hands from chemo (but getting better everyday). Finally got it to the range and found the recoil not much different than my full size and all steel 45s a Sig 1911 and Sig P220, nice surprise. The gun shot low but may be operator error. All in all I'm a happy boy and looking forward to some more range time after I install a Talon grip cover.

b4uqzme
12-17-2015, 02:25 PM
welcome. and it's terrific to hear you are recovering well. God bless.

items
12-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Congrats - and get strong soon! I was very surprised at the felt recoil of the CW45 - I was expecting the uncomfortable feel of my old Ruger LCP .380 but on steroids! It was actually pleasant to shoot. I was hitting low at first until I figured out the 3 dot sights and then it was hitting point of aim. I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

kwh
12-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Shooting 45's is great post recovery therapy. Big holes in the target makes me think I am shooting smaller groups,especially compared to my .22 L.R.
My CW 45 "dot the i "sights and sweet trigger pull are ++ for me. I can use a 6:00 hold but some find a "combat" hold or sights covering the target work better.
I did use a cut off bicycle inner tube for the grip,but arthritis caused a sting in my wrist when shooting more than 2 mags. Using a Pachymar slip on grip and I am good to go now.
Welcome and well wishes.

CJB
12-17-2015, 08:26 PM
You'll soon get used to the cheez-grater

wyntrout
12-17-2015, 09:37 PM
Congrats! I put some bike tube grip covers... cheap... on my PM45 before shooting it for the first time... didn't like the cheese graters, but the 1.75" bike tube grip covers were great... made the grips perfect!

Wynn :)

tower3
12-18-2015, 02:48 AM
Thanks everyone, I agree range time with the wife is good therapy. I judge my recovery with how many rounds I can get into a 1911 mag. I just put the Talon grip cover on it - big improvement. When I got the P45 last Sept I couldn't rack it and wasn't sure it would cycle thought the spring was just too tight. After 150 rounds without a hitch I can now hold the slide just enough to see if the chamber is empty.

Armybrat
12-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Welcome to this great forum!
That's a very nice first anniversary gift - looks like both of you picked winners.
Good thoughts from Texas for your continued recovery.

hardluk1
12-19-2015, 06:12 AM
tower3 You have a fine wife to give you a gift like that . It is surprising to find how controllable the 45's are when compared to larger far heavy handguns . Hope your health comes back quickly too .