PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't someone TELL me about these handguns before now!

Gun Doctor
12-30-2015, 02:24 PM
I've been toting a handgun, concealed and otherwise, since 1977. My first was a Sig P230 that's still with me. I've also owned and sold a bunch of different ones. I sold several before I went on a three year overseas tour, as my Sister-in-Law refused to have any guns in her house, and I had no other real place to store them, not even knowing where I would be stationed when I returned stateside. (My brother did store my Sig for me, and never told the wifey). When I was unemployed for 2 years after returning from a gig in Afghanistan as a contractor, I ended up selling all my handguns to meet the bills. Again, every one but my venerable old Sig.

Lately, I haven't had the "gun bug" like I used to. Used to be, if I saw a nice gun, the wallet came out, and... Now, I have one S&W model 57 Mountain Gun in .41 Mag, a Ruger GP100 in .357, and the afore mentioned Sig. About 6 months ago, I decided to jump on the pocket carry bandwagon, and started my research. I knew about Kahr, but had never really thought anything about them, other than the fact that I thought they used really ugly models in their magazine ads. Now, I have been a military small arms repairman for many, many years, and have done a lot of "hobby" gunsmithing for friends and friends of friends. BUT, I never had a Kahr in my hands. When I saw my first CW380, I wondered if the damn thing felt as good as it looked. It did! Then, I wondered if it shot as good as it felt...Long story short, it does! Again, Why in the Hell didn't someone tell me about these wonderful handguns sooner! :confused:

muggsy
12-30-2015, 03:02 PM
We like keeping Sig owners in suspense. Welcome aboard, Doc and thank you for your service. If your Karh should happen to get the hiccups were here to help. Between Greg, Jocko, Bawanna and me we know everything that there is to know about Kahr pistols. If there's something that we don't know were pretty good at making up answers, too. Feel free to call on us at anytime. We don't charge much. :)

yqtszhj
12-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. Kahr's are nice.

Got me one of those GP100 .357's (3 inch barrel version) for Christmas. That was my first full weight/full grip revolver since I sold a Colt about 6 years ago. It is a SWEET gun to shoot too even in .357.

Alfonse
12-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Welcome. I think it is yqtshj that would agree with you on the models. He, or one of the others, doesn't like them too top heavy. Glad you found Kahrs.

GROTMAN
12-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Welcome. I think it is yqtshj that would agree with you on the models. He, or one of the others, doesn't like them too top heavy. Glad you found Kahrs.

I believe he is talking about itxi. Anyway welcome to kahrtalk from another tarheel. If you live anywhere near the outer banks, maybe a fishing trip could be in our future..:o

Bawanna
12-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Yall got outside banks in tarheel? What's the purpose of that, must be heck on rainy days huh?

Yup it's itxi that prefers slabs instead of cupcakes or melons as it were.

Newman31Bravo
12-30-2015, 06:43 PM
I've been toting a handgun, concealed and otherwise, since 1977. My first was a Sig P230 that's still with me. I've also owned and sold a bunch of different ones. I sold several before I went on a three year overseas tour, as my Sister-in-Law refused to have any guns in her house, and I had no other real place to store them, not even knowing where I would be stationed when I returned stateside. (My brother did store my Sig for me, and never told the wifey). When I was unemployed for 2 years after returning from a gig in Afghanistan as a contractor, I ended up selling all my handguns to meet the bills. Again, every one but my venerable old Sig.

Lately, I haven't had the "gun bug" like I used to. Used to be, if I saw a nice gun, the wallet came out, and... Now, I have one S&W model 57 Mountain Gun in .41 Mag, a Ruger GP100 in .357, and the afore mentioned Sig. About 6 months ago, I decided to jump on the pocket carry bandwagon, and started my research. I knew about Kahr, but had never really thought anything about them, other than the fact that I thought they used really ugly models in their magazine ads. Now, I have been a military small arms repairman for many, many years, and have done a lot of "hobby" gunsmithing for friends and friends of friends. BUT, I never had a Kahr in my hands. When I saw my first CW380, I wondered if the damn thing felt as good as it looked. It did! Then, I wondered if it shot as good as it felt...Long story short, it does! Again, Why in the Hell didn't someone tell me about these wonderful handguns sooner! :confused:

Welcome and thank you for your service. I just got my first CW380 yesterday. I can't wait to shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yqtszhj
12-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Yup it's itxi that prefers slabs instead of cupcakes or melons as it were.

Oh now thats s good one.

GROTMAN
12-31-2015, 04:34 PM
How could anyone not like watermelon cupcakes?
http://bakerette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Watermelon-Cupcake-044-570x380.jpg (http://bakerette.com/watermelon-cupcakes/)

b4uqzme
12-31-2015, 04:39 PM
Lemme know if you get short on cash again and need to sell that Mountain Gun ;) Welcome!

RustyGunn
01-20-2016, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm fond of the Sig P230 also. It keeps my PM9 company.

kwh
01-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Welcome. I would check the Kahr Home Page website everyday in search of a cute Model.:o