PDA

View Full Version : new member CM45

sailfish488
01-21-2016, 06:15 AM
Hello, I am to begin break-in of a new CM45 today. Lubrication seems to be a variable opinion. What is the experienced Kahr owners view? Michael.

kwh
01-22-2016, 04:29 PM
Welcome. Go to Kahr lobby>New member area> Sticky:1) proper prep of new Kahr and 2) Kahr Lube diagram. Expect some failures during the first 30- 40 rounds. After that, begin to expect 100% function with factory ball ammo. Best to keep shooting sessions short at first, 50 or less, while becoming acquainted with grip and trigger. Clean and lube frequently. After broken in with 100-200 rounds over multiple sessions and cleanings, try your defensive loads.
Let us know.

Bawanna
01-22-2016, 04:38 PM
kwh shares some good advice, however I would not expect failures. You may indeed have some, or you may not.
My main thing is use good full power ball ammo, no girly man reloads, or questionable foreign steel stuff. Solid grip. If you get tired or the thing is balking call it a day and try again another day.
My first range trip with my PM45 I shot 350 rounds, basically out of the box. I took it apart and checked the striker channel because at that time there was rumor around that a lot of machining debri was left behind, mine was sparkling clean and lightly oiled. I didn't add any oil or clean, put it back together and shot the heck out of it.

Short sessions do make sense, I just don't get to go shooting often as I'd like and when I do I usually over do it. Accuracy probably goes right out the window after the first couple hundred but I still have fun.