PDA

View Full Version : Love my MK9

roadrunner840
01-31-2016, 09:43 AM
Hi all. New member here and Kahr newbie. A few months ago bought my first Kahr (MK9). Put the wood grips on it as I found the stock grips to be just not quite enough to hold onto. The MK9 has moved into 1st place as my EDC. Was previously mostly carrying Ruger LC9s due to lightweight but lately I've been on a no-polymer-gun kick. Plus the Ruger is not fun at all to shoot at the range. I didn't think the MK9 would be a good carry option due to weight but with a good holster and a couple of days to adjust I really don't notice it now. I now have about 800 rounds through it including 200 in an advanced training class (where it performed very well). I carry it, as I did the LC9s with Hornady Lite ammo (sacrifice some power for better recoil control). I didn't have a failure of any sort with the MK9 until about 750 rounds when I had a stovepipe with 115 gr FMJ ammo. So 1 failure in about 800 rounds isn't bad (and it was probably my fault, not the gun). I'm impressed with the firearm and I joined this forum to see what tidbits of info I can pick up from more experienced Kahr fans.

Alfonse
01-31-2016, 09:49 AM
Welcome! MK9s are well regarded here. Great choice.

Ikeo74
01-31-2016, 11:22 AM
I love mine with the wood grips also. I think it is a exceptionally good show piece with the wood grips. It's one of Kahr's finest guns. With the right holster, weight is not a problem.

b4uqzme
01-31-2016, 02:53 PM
^^^ even better with Al's grips. I know. I've tried them all. ;) Welcome Roadrunner. That's a real nice pistol you got there. Enjoy!

berettabone
02-01-2016, 04:35 PM
One of the best carry guns out there.......................................