PDA

View Full Version : Feel good for my buddy Bawanna

Harrylee
01-31-2016, 06:46 PM
So I guess we are gun toting heathens that are the problem with all the gun shootings in the US and this is why we need more laws NOT!!!!!!!! here is a feel good for Bawanna if not for this man the cop may not be alive today. Keep that pm45 on your ankle Bawanna

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/officials-gun-toting-veteran-saves-life-of-bastrop/nqD7c/

Planedude
01-31-2016, 07:34 PM
... And the part that the hand wringing anti's will fail to note about this?

Although a concealed hand gun was used, nobody of any color, was shot during this incident.

No blood, no reporting...

TheTman
01-31-2016, 08:20 PM
We could sure do with a lot more like him, and a WHOLE lot less Rev. not-so-Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons Sr, Jr, III or IV or how ever man of them there are.

Does that seem racist? If so good. I'm accused of being a racist all the time, so I might as well get some good out of it.

muggsy
02-01-2016, 06:06 AM
"Anytime somebody is in need of help you should assist them. It doesn’t matter whether your life is in danger or not, you should always assist anybody who is in need,” Perkins said.

My sentiments exactly.

Tpepper70
02-01-2016, 07:04 AM
This happened just a few miles from my house. The tv media didn't even mention it. I'm actually surprised the statesman reported it, but glad they did. I heard about it from my LE buddies. You're right Muggsy, all should help.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

Harrylee
02-01-2016, 07:30 AM
I was watching Cam& Company and heard this story and Cam said it was listed in the Statesman so I decided to look it up. Well without shots being fired or someone being shot the story was not easy to find. All the media wants is blood and gore and we know they don’t care about facts. I’d like to see the stats of guns that where never fired in defense but you’ll never see that published or be able to find it

TheTman
02-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Tim.Pepper33, I'd call up my local stations and ask why that was not deemed news worthy. See if it was them or their sponsors probably didn't want that on the air. Things like that do make the news here in my state. But we are a very conservative state (Kansas)

Arkansas Bob
02-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Planedude, I an curious about your signature phrase. Are you the author of that terrific quote as it seems from page after page all from Kahrtalk on my web search. I love it! Bob

Bobshouse
02-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Alls well, but I wonder what would of happened if the officer's backup would have arrived in the middle of that?

Armybrat
02-01-2016, 05:07 PM
I was watching Cam& Company and heard this story and Cam said it was listed in the Statesman so I decided to look it up. Well without shots being fired or someone being shot the story was not easy to find. All the media wants is blood and gore and we know they don’t care about facts. I’d like to see the stats of guns that where never fired in defense but you’ll never see that published or be able to find it

Hundreds of thousands of self defense incidents do not make the news because no shots were fired, much less anyone getting killed or wounded - so it ain't news that's fit to print. This was reported because it was a LEO who was saved. Good for him & his rescuer.

Armybrat
02-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Alls well, but I wonder what would of happened if the officer's backup would have arrived in the middle of that?

The rescued LEO obviously would've told his buddies.

Besides, Texas CHL instructors (at least my three did) teach the students to lay their weapon aside properly & have their license ready to display.

Tpepper70
02-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Tim.Pepper33, I'd call up my local stations and ask why that was not deemed news worthy. See if it was them or their sponsors probably didn't want that on the air. Things like that do make the news here in my state. But we are a very conservative state (Kansas)
Sorry bud, just saw this. Well, the local stations are out of Austin, which is the most liberal area of the state. I work in Austin but get to my hide away in the sticks as quick as I can every day. Can't wait till I retire.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

Planedude
02-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Planedude, I an curious about your signature phrase. Are you the author of that terrific quote as it seems from page after page all from Kahrtalk on my web search. I love it! Bob

Yeah, I have to take credit for that line. A young, very liberal coasty engineer, very new to Texas, over heard me talking to an equally young native Texan engineer about my local holster maker. The Texan was looking for a less expensive Cowboy action rig and eventually I got around to talking about my Kahr and it's holster rig...

You know the rest.

muggsy
02-02-2016, 12:17 PM

And what would have happened if the back-up didn't show up in time. What if, what if, what if? How about what was instead?

Arkansas Bob
02-02-2016, 01:51 PM
I have retained that for future use...Thank you