PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr Owner From PA

DEKerr77
02-20-2016, 04:11 PM
Hello all. After much deliberation I recently purchased a CT380 for Summer pocket carry. So far I love everything about the little pistol ... save for its feeding issues. I'm not a quitter, though, and only about 120 rounds into the recommended break-in period. Looking forward to getting everything running smoothly, most likely with some help from you kind folks.

muggsy
02-21-2016, 07:39 AM
When you get it running right you're going to love that little gun. I have the P380 and it always with me. What type of feeding problems are you experiencing?

DEKerr77
02-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Thanks, I don't doubt it. The CT380 feels great, even though I have large hands. And the trigger is exceptional.

The problem I'm experiencing most often is a failure to return to battery after the first shot is fired. The slide ends up just a fraction of a fraction of an inch short of locking back in. Interestingly this has only happened with FMJ hardball rounds. The premium JHP and HCFN rounds (both +P) I've tried have fed and functioned perfectly. I'm thinking the lower powered stuff can't overcome the stiff recoil springs, but perhaps that will change after a full break-in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CPTKILLER
02-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Howdy from Austin, Texas.

Give it roughly 200 rounds for a solid break-in period.

Bawanna
02-21-2016, 01:22 PM
I think it will cure itself with more rounds. I think your right in that the FMJ stuff just doesn't quite have enough enthusiasm to cycle the lower powered stuff.

But it will given time.