PDA

View Full Version : CW380 magazine dropping

Robmoo
02-27-2016, 04:05 PM
I picked up my CW380 Thursday and took it to the range for the first time today. The first couple of magazines went well. Then the magazine began dropping out. At first I thought I was accidentally hitting the release during recoil. However, I held the thumb of my shooting hand up in the slide lock with the thumb of my off hand and the magazine still fell out every couple of shots. I put approx 100 rounds through the gun having problems for the last 60. I took her home and cleaned her. Did something that needs to be worn in get fouled by that first 5-6 magazines or do I have a mechanical problem?

Bawanna
02-27-2016, 04:20 PM
Is the mag release flush on the right side when you have a magazine locked in?

It could be theres a burr or something on the release that keeps it from properly engaging with the slot in the magazine.

You can take a magazine apart, lock the slide back and insert the mag to see if you have engagement.
Could be a defective mag release or something.

Robmoo
02-28-2016, 11:46 AM
It is flush. I inspected the pistol and everything looks fine. There is some wear on the finish on the magazine release, but it is not in any way rounded. I have to depress the magazine release approx 2/3's to get a full mag to release. I had about 40 rounds of Remington rounded nose ammo and another brand with a flattened nose. Do some failure to feeds put a lot of pressure on the magazine and cause it to come loose? I was assuming all the failure to feeds were due to the magazine issue and not vise-versa. I'm planning on buying a new box to target ammo for tomorrow's outing and trying some of my Hornady Critical Defense if the new target ammo solves the issue.

Riy
05-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Any luck with this issue. Just bought mine about 7 days ago and have about 300 rounds thru so it should be broke in. Having the same thing with mag drops but it seems ammo dependent. Never drops with federal (fired 2 boxes)or remington fmj (fired 2 boxes) . With Winchester white box drops about every 2nd. 3rd mag. With Perfecta drops about every 3 round. Just seems real strange mag drops are ammo related but it does seem this is the case. ???

Robmoo
05-18-2016, 06:54 PM
I replaced the mag release, but I have not been able to get back to the range. When I called to report the problem the guy on the phone couldn't even give me any instructions on how to replace the mag release. Thank you YouTube! He didn't even try to empathize with the problem. Kahr needs some major work on their customer service with an emphasis on service recovery.

I have been unable to test it yet. The first test of a firearm is, "Does it go boom every time you pull the trigger?" So far with my CW380 I have to say, "no." The magazine fall out with different ammo? REALLY? I've had people swear up and down that Kakr makes quality guns. I'm still looking for the proof.

Riy
05-19-2016, 07:47 AM
I know, ammo being the culprit seems crazy but it Never happened with the ammo I mentioned. I fired about 2 boxes or 100 rounds each with zero issue. Did you ever change ammo. What type are you using. This testing can get expensive so I'm trying to figure out the REAL issue because like you I called Kahr and their response was, send it back, wait 4-6 weeks and make sure someone can be home to sign for it WHENEVER it comes. Apparently the will not give advance notice. I could send back thru dealer but it's a hour away and any dealers closer want to charge since I didn't buy thru them.

Riy
05-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Update: Turns out it's NOT the ammo. Went to the range today and the dang thing dropped the mag on the Rem UMC which was perfect before. It seems the more rounds the worse it gets. Now I'm getting failures to feed, failure to go into battery, stove pipes along with the mag drop. Customer service over the phone is awful. At this point I'm trying to decide if I want to cut my loss and sell a week and a half old pistol or try the repair route. This testing is way to expensive and honestly I'm not sure if I could ever really trust this thing without running thru hundreds of trouble free rounds which at 380 are pricey. I'm leaning toward cleaning it up and returning to the dealer I bought it from and being free of the burden. I loved the pistol the first trouble free rounds but that feeling is long gone.