PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Utah!

Etaeniura
03-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone. I am a new owner of a kahr TP9. When I originally started researching handguns, I had my eyes set on a Cw9. Well, I got a gift card for a local SG store for xmas, but they don't carry kahrs, so I ended up getting a Sig P320 (which is excellent, but very large to conceal). About a week later, I saw the TP9 at my local shop for about half off msrp, and snatched one up-essentially a slightly less compact CW9 for about the same price, with 2 extra mags and a hard case.
I've been shooting it pretty regularly, but can't seem to get as tight of a grouping as I do with my Sig. Any tricks of the trade you can share with me? I think the problem is the style of sights. The 3 dot on the sig is pretty foolproof, but I cant seem to get the hang of "dotting the eye" with the car. I can keep all my shots on 8x11 targets at 7 yds, but they seem to be all over the place. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction (pun intended!)

b4uqzme
03-11-2016, 01:51 PM
How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice...

Welcome!

Bawanna
03-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Probably need to get better acquainted with the trigger, it's a learning curve but not difficult.

Stay consistent on the sight picture and it should all come together nicely.

Welcome, glad you found us.

berettabone
03-11-2016, 04:06 PM
I tended to shoot low left when I first used the Kahr trigger, but I found that with some practice, along with leaving a tad bit of space between the "dot the I" sights in your sight picture, it brings the shots up to center.