PDA

View Full Version : ?? Put grommets in a sleeved flag??

OldLincoln
03-13-2016, 09:00 PM
I've been a bit excited the last few days and decided I need a bigger .... flagpole. My wimpy little flag on the sick out from the eave keeps getting tangled up on itself. Harbor Freight has a 20' telescoping pole marked down from $75 to $58 so I bought one today. It looks okay for me but came with a really lightweight flag (made in USA) that reviews say won't last long. I have a new 3X5 nylon sleeved flag I bought in error for my dinky little eave flagpole but it wrapped around onto the roof and stuck so I put it away. You know where I'm going now. I want to install grommets so I can hang it from my new good looking prestigious 20' flagpole. Anybody do that already? Do I need some kind of insert to make it tougher or just install the brass grommets and see what happens?

Please no lewd comments on stiffening my pole and whatnot. I already rewrote this thing to avoid that. I've already thought and chuckled at what some of you would write but you're all incorrigible, sigh.

TennSCN
03-13-2016, 09:56 PM
Sir, would you need to reinforce the head end before installing grommets? Perhaps inserting several layers of nylon into the sleeve and having a shoe repair stitch it in then set the grommets.