PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite night sight?

copterdrvr
07-30-2010, 06:31 AM
I'm thinking of upgrading the sights on my PM9 and I was wondering what you folks thought about the night sights that Kahr lists for their pistols.

Which one do you like the most and why?

Thanks

Dietrich
07-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I got Kahr to install the mepro night sights on my PM9 and I really like them.Very easy sight aquisition in low light situations.I can`t speak for other brands one way or another but I wouldn`t take a pretty for mine.

deadhead1971
07-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Dietrich--can you post a pick?

I am thinking about night sights, eventhough I have the laser on it.

copterdrvr
07-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Dietrich--can you post a pick?

I am thinking about night sights, eventhough I have the laser on it.

Man, don't get me started on that one!!!!

I have a CT laser on a Keltec P9F and P3AT and I'm afraid I'm going to have to go that route as well with the PM9!!!!!:ohmy:

hobbydad
07-30-2010, 12:23 PM
I had Kahr put the Trijicon/Novaks on my PM9. A little on the pricy side but I love them. I've had Trijicon products on several of my guns in the past and have been very pleased with them. The Meprolights are good sights as well. Another to consider is the very popular XS big dots. Quite a few members here have them and love them.

Bawanna
07-30-2010, 01:22 PM
I choose XS in either big dot or standard dot every day of the week. They show up very well during the day and just as good in the dark. Big, Bold, easy to see even with less than perfect (old) eyes.
I find them every bit as accurate as anything else I've tried. I actually like the standard Kahr sights. They show up well for me too.
I prefer the Big Dots on small guns and the standard dot on full size guns, where I feel a bit more confident at a longer range.
For a PM, small CCW, up close and personal, the big dot is the ticket.

copterdrvr
07-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Well I just couldn't stand it so I ordered a CT for the PM9 and the Trijicon's for my CW9. This Kahr stuff is terrible-it's like crack or something! ;-)

hollander
07-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Will the big dot sights affect which holster is used? I have a Don Hume 721 OT and have ordered a TT Gunleather High Ride. I would hope that all the holsters accept the big dots but otherwise it will be one of the other two choices. Thanks for the information. I have both the PM9 and MK 9 to think about.

ripley16
07-30-2010, 05:59 PM
I've used Trijicon and Mepro sights and found I prefer the Mepro. My eyes seem to pick them up faster for some reason.

Swat_dude
07-30-2010, 09:55 PM
I choose XS in either big dot or standard dot every day of the week. They show up very well during the day and just as good in the dark. Big, Bold, easy to see even with less than perfect (old) eyes.
I find them every bit as accurate as anything else I've tried. I actually like the standard Kahr sights. They show up well for me too.
I prefer the Big Dots on small guns and the standard dot on full size guns, where I feel a bit more confident at a longer range.
For a PM, small CCW, up close and personal, the big dot is the ticket.

+1. I think the XS Big Dots are perfect for the PM-9. I had the Crimson Trace on my Ruger LCP but I would never think a laser would be a substitute for good sights. The PM-9 can accept "real" sights, so I did not bother with the laser.

Steve-$
08-02-2010, 04:04 PM
The XS Big Dot Tritium sights have been working very well for me on my S&W 340 and I am in the process of having a set installed on my K9.

RogerP9fan
08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Great thread and, as usual, excellent replies. Sorry I can't add anything as I get ready to pick up my P9 this week, but I'm paying attention to this topic and found this thread to be most helpful.