PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Kahr Customer Service

Lobo_79
07-30-2010, 06:45 AM
I noticed the plating inside my PM9's chamber had been flaking off. Although it didn't seem to affect the gun's performance I asked customer service to comment on the condition. I didn't want to "manufacture" a problem so to speak but I was concerned about continuing degradation.

My experience with customer service was pleasant and professional. I got a new barrel is about a week. This was my second experience with Kahr's customer service; both were great.

deadhead1971
07-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Here we go again. :) This issue manifested itself months ago. Apparently, this problem continues.

For those of us that had this problem, Kahr told us the same thing--"it's cosmetic."

We all received free new barrels under warranty. I noticed flaking at around 500 rounds
. My new barrel has 1,770 rounds through it with no flaking. If the barrel nickel plating is going to flake, it will probably do it within a few hundred rounds.

See the extensive thread here -

http://kahrtalk.com/kahr-tech/232-about-plating-coming-off-feed-ramp-chamber-pm9.html

Lobo_79
07-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Here we go again. :) This issue manifested itself months ago. Apparently, this problem continues...

I noticed this problem back in February and I was curious about whether or not the plating would continue to erode, and of coarse, what Kahr would actually do for me. From my actual range experience I concluded this was really just a cosmetic problem.

My thread was simply intended to say I had a good experience with their customer service. My second one actually.

Back in January I sent my PM9 back to the factory because the trigger spring was sticking out of the frame. I pushed in back in place and super glued the hole. That seemed to work but I wanted to make sure there weren't other problems. I shipped it back to Kahr and they fixed it under warranty. They also replaced a few other parts because I was having a feeding problem with my 7 round magazine. I got the gun back in about a week and it had a new barrel in it as well as some of the other fixes. It was that new barrel that developed the flaking problem.

This time I sent in just the barrel and they sent me a new one without hesitation. In my book that's great customer service.

deadhead1971
07-30-2010, 11:03 AM
The turn around was great for you. My turn around time was 2 weeks.

The only other issue I have had was this- http://kahrtalk.com/kahr-tech/863-confounded-flange.html

In both cases, Kahr replaced the parts wihin 2 weeks no questions asked or hassle.