PDA

View Full Version : Always Carry, You never know

Tpepper70
03-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Went to move a friends travel trailer today and found this sucker hiding under the hitch. Glad I had the PM9 with me. I hate snakes. Hit him 3 outa 5 times with 147gr HST at about 7 yards. I need to practice, but he won't scare the crap out of anyone again. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160319/e5a74e0d695c5cd0bb60e04ba8f69fac.jpg

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

wyntrout
03-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Was he dinner? :D

Tpepper70
03-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Haha, for my friend. He took him home to eat. Not a fan of eating snakes, even tho they taste like chicken.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

wyntrout
03-19-2016, 04:50 PM
That's what I've always heard. I killed a big one in college... around 1970 or so, and skinned it. The meat looked great, but I was only interested in the skin, which I gave to someone.

If I did that these days, I would definitely chop the head off and dispose of it properly and then have that sucker for dinner.

I've been watching a lot of that "Naked and Afraid" show on cable TV. They eat snakes a lot.

Wynn :)

OldFatGuy
03-19-2016, 04:51 PM
Taste like chicken? I had a neighbor in Colorado that caught a rattle snake. We baked it in his wife's oven (she wasn't home), and it stunk real bad, and tasted just as bad, nothing like chicken. Guess we did it wrong.

wyntrout
03-19-2016, 04:53 PM
Dang. If you gutted it and got rid of the anal parts without contamination, I don't know why it would stink. I would have pan fried it, or grilled it.

But, I haven't tried it. :D

Tpepper70
03-19-2016, 04:54 PM
"Naked and Afraid" Heard about that show. I only had it chicken friend. Tasted kinda like chicken fingers.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

wyntrout
03-19-2016, 04:57 PM
I've been watching that show a lot recently... good for laughs most of the time. Just saw one with a Wiccan... named Sabrina! She was a hoot. While the guy was doing real stuff for their survival she collected vines and boughs and busied herself with making Wiccan decorations... hoop with pentagram inside! The guy was a little steamed and she was pissed that he thought she should be more productive with survival stuff!

wyntrout
03-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Well, just one more post before I run to the local convenience store for lottery tickets. I always gear up with knife, extra mag, phone, and a light if dark out.

This is my 10K post and maybe it will give me some luck!

Wynn :D

Tpepper70
03-19-2016, 05:04 PM
Dang wyntrout, that's a bunch on here. Maybe someday I'll be there. I guess if you win you'll share with you're Kahrtalk buds right?

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

wyntrout
03-19-2016, 05:13 PM
I don't think I'll win that much.

We've been saying for years, if it was a big'un, we'd just disappear.

:D

Tpepper70
03-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Yep. If I won a big one, we'd be way out in the middle of nowhere at least 4 hours from any big city. Not hard to do in Texas.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

OvalNut
03-19-2016, 05:34 PM
Well played Tprepper! You can see those HSTs took some chunks out of him.

I had a near similar situation recently with a possum that took a turn toward me in my backyard when I was carrying a Beretta PX4 with 147gr HSTs. Instead though, my teenage son peppered him with a full auto airsoft AK74 and convinced him to leave. I'm glad I didn't need to draw. All's well.

Tim

Tpepper70
03-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Thanks Ovalnut. I hate them dang over grown rats called possums also. Had one scare the crap outa me in a real tight attic once. Glad the ceiling was reinforced with plywood cause I fell back on it.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

wyntrout
03-19-2016, 05:58 PM
Yep. If I won a big one, we'd be way out in the middle of nowhere at least 4 hours from any big city. Not hard to do in Texas.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

That's what I've been thinking about. if we had the money, we'd already be back in Texas. OOPS! Giving away too much info! :rolleyes:

Bawanna
03-19-2016, 06:06 PM
I don't think I'll win that much.

We've been saying for years, if it was a big'un, we'd just disappear.

:D

You'd have to I imagine. Everyone of the 47 percenters would be pounding on your door or calling, saying you got a lot, give me give me give me some.

Tpepper70
03-19-2016, 06:08 PM
Well, we're kinda kin since he's originally, maybe, from Texas so maybe he'd share a little.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

Bobshouse
03-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Congrats on the 10K Wyntrout, that's a lot of posts, most of them were probably made helping others...and I noticed Bawanna changed his avatar from the Reb flag to some'ol bearded guy with a lot of guns on the wall, wonder who that could be?

Baklash
03-19-2016, 07:33 PM
I've eaten rattlesnake........and yes, it tasted like fried chicken.
I've also eaten alligator and although it has both white meat and dark meat, it didn't taste like chicken to me. But just like with chicken, I liked the white meat better than the dark.
Tried chocolate covered ants........nuthin to brag about. Won't even try fried earthworms! Hope I'm not too far off the subject.

Tpepper70
03-19-2016, 08:14 PM
I used to get gator at the roadside gator gettin place down in south Louisiana when I worked offshore. Great eating and yes, the white meat tasted better.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

jeepster09
03-20-2016, 07:32 AM
You'd have to I imagine. Everyone of the 47 percenters would be pounding on your door or calling, saying you got a lot, give me give me give me some.

Gimmie gimmie...

CJB
03-20-2016, 08:32 AM
I generally wont kill a snake. They're beneficial. Big ol rattler like that needs respect though. A long stick woulda fixed the problem.

Ikeo74
03-20-2016, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't ever try to eat one because I wouldn't know how far back the poison was to cut the head off back far enough. The last copperhead I killed was all rib bones and no meat. Nobody would try to eat one of those.

yqtszhj
03-20-2016, 10:39 AM
I generally wont kill a snake. They're beneficial. Big ol rattler like that needs respect though. A long stick woulda fixed the problem.
I'd of probably killed the rattler if there were kids living near by. Any other snakes would get a pardon, in particular those big black snakes. They eat rattlers and other stuff I dont like. Had a picture of that somewhere but not sure where it is now.

Now, all spiders DIE! I dont do spiders.

yqtszhj
03-20-2016, 10:43 AM
..and I noticed Bawanna changed his avatar from the Reb flag to some'ol bearded guy with a lot of guns on the wall, wonder who that could be?

I grew my beard out like that last year, first time i let it get long even though ive had a beard over 20 years but it had to be cut back. All that showed up was all the gray and I wont do hair color. I looked like some kind of hillbilly santa.

Bills1873
03-20-2016, 10:57 AM
I'd of probably killed the rattler if there were kids living near by. Any other snakes would get a pardon, in particular those big black snakes. They eat rattlers and other stuff I dont like. Had a picture of that somewhere but not sure where it is now.

Now, all spiders DIE! I dont do spiders.
+1 on the spiders!!!!! Hate them damn things!!

Bobshouse
03-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Back during the Vietnam war we were stationed at Ft Campbell while my dad was over there. They had a program called "Christmas Dad" where we got to go and view the Vietnamese way of life to include the food they ate. Rattlesnake was one of the items, and as others have mentioned, tasted like chicken to me.

jashsayani
03-20-2016, 12:46 PM
Killing snakes is illegal in many states.

DavidWJ
03-20-2016, 01:35 PM
Fine, just kill the snake and don't tell anyone... Big brother ain't gunna help when he's needed. I'd much rather trust rattler control to wild turkeys than the government, but if ones in my back yard I'll protect myself and mine. ;-)

jeepster09
03-20-2016, 05:00 PM
:behindsofa: Only good snake is a dead snake [same for spiders].:spider:

knkali
03-20-2016, 05:05 PM

Yep.

Tpepper70
03-20-2016, 05:40 PM
Copperheads, water moccasins and rattlesnakes are the only ones I kill, only if they're close to where people are. Out in the wild I let them go unless I don't have a choice. The big Blue Indigo snakes that kill rattlesnakes I never kill. Same with rat snakes. This one was next to a house under the rv tongue. Scared me good.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

jocko
03-20-2016, 06:24 PM
the pyton roundup in florida this year netted 104 pythons. the most so far. the biggest was 18"4 inches. Nowq that snake deserfves to be shot, but this year they had the hunt they allowed no guns and no klling of the snakes you had to catch um, bag um and bring them in alive, then the DNR euthanisms them. WTF. anyway,s these huntes accourding to a range officer I chatted with siad it is a farce realy, for they don't allow themm to hunt them in the everglads, only ohn the boundaries, so their main habitat never gets touches. One lady found an 8 footrer under her porch and never knew it was therre burt her dog started barking and thats when she seen it.
the day I see one of these big fokkers and it tries toe at my Hrlley is the last day in florida for this ol timer. There is just to much of unknown **** in Florida for us northern boys...

JohnR
03-20-2016, 07:04 PM
You're lucky you didn't meet any alligators, then.