PDA

View Full Version : New to the Kahr Line

USAFgoober
03-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Hello from the Midwest!

Just picked up my new K9 Black Stainless as a warm weather CCW pistol. Took it to the range and very pleased with this little shooter. I've been a self-described "gun guy" for quite a while now, but for some reason never looked into Kahr until recently. Now I'm kicking myself, because it seems I could have saved myself a lot of hassle if I had found this forum years ago and bought a K9 back then!

muggsy
03-26-2016, 04:45 AM
Yup, you sure could have, but better late than never. Welcome aboard. My Kahr pistols go where I go. I don't leave home without them.

ZardozCZ
03-26-2016, 08:38 AM
Congrats on choosing the K9 and finding this forum! Also USAF(SS) with DOS 1975... been a while. I just got a black K9 used, won on gunbroker.com for a good price. It's been shot a lot by the wear mark on the barrel, but still performs great. I bought a NYCPD K9 turn-in a few years ago and sold it to fund a full size for 'league' shooting and have missed it since, even though I quickly bought a CM9 for daily carry. The CM9 I've had to force myself to shoot to keep familiarized with it, but the K9 won't be a problem on range days, except keeping it fed.

This forum isn't as busy as many that I frequent but that doesn't detract from the quality. You've made a fine choice in the K9 in my opinion. I love CZs but I carry Kahr... that’s gotta say something about Kahr. Now if CZ made a slender single stack that could match the Kahr....!

kenemoore
03-26-2016, 10:10 AM
I stumbled upon the Kahr line about 5 years ago, and a PM9 is always in my pocket, mostly as a BUG. I recently found a great used K9, and I'm considering carrying it in the warmer months. Great pistols, the K9 is a sweet shooter. I have to admit I'm an old time 1911 guy , and a 1911 is my EDC, but I really like the all metal K9 as a potential warm weather replacement. Now if they made a K45....Hmmm

Bawanna
03-26-2016, 10:14 AM
Aww, a K45.......that's the stuff dreams are made of right there.

If they every make them I'll buy two, one for you and one for me. What a happy day it will be.

Bills1873
03-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Include me on the K45 list Bawanna! That would truly be my dream Kahr.

USAFgoober
03-26-2016, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!

CPTKILLER
03-27-2016, 08:16 AM
Good choice.

Howdy from Austin, Texas.

adman
03-27-2016, 09:01 AM
My situation is the opposite, I've had a Kahr in my collection for some time, but only recently found this forum. Kahrs are well-made pistols. Welcome.