PDA

View Full Version : Conversion formula

Dietrich
07-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know the formula for converting bullet penetration in wet paper to penetration in ballistic gel? I`ve got it written down somewhere but it`s been moved or either the dog ate it.

mr surveyor
07-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Dietrich

If I remember,wetpack penetration is about 2/3 that of ballistic gel. If you really want to research the wewtpack tests, you can find just about all there is to know about wet pack tests from "Old Grandpa"... one of the premier experts in the field:

OG Wet Pack, Ballistic and Ammunition Testing Data (http://usrange.org/smf/index.php?board=39.0)

OG is a former metalurgist expert from NASA, and has been on a mission from God for the last 5-6 years to find the ultimate .380 pocket pistol. After many, many attempts, I think he's finally settled into a combination of his old KT P3AT and a newer found love of his Kahr P380. I used to spar with OG (fun type) at the KTRange, until we had a major split due to some admin problems... but that's all water under the bridge. Check out OG's stuff. You won't be disappointed.

Surv:)

Dietrich
07-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Thanks Surv,you came through in the clutch as usual.