PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK OWNERS fyi

jocko
03-28-2016, 02:37 PM
fOR u diehard glocksters, who own the G42 (380) and have had it awhile. Hereis what you need to check out. Glocks has had alot of issues with the G42 when they first came out and today they6 are still trying toget ity right.
Checkyour glock magazines: If it has no number on the backof the magk, then ur way out of date, If you have one of their new updates in the past 6 mnths and on the backof the magazine is a emboxxed #2, then again you need to contact glock and ask them to replace them with the latest version update, which will then have a #3 on the back of the magazine.

This new magazine willcure all our your past illis with the G42,. If you lucky and had no issues, with any of the first twomagazines, consider yourself lucky. I would still error on the side of caution and call glock and they will just askyou to send the old mags in and they will replace them no charge. My buddy got very fast service on his issues.

Just trying tohelp. The little G42 is a nice gun, certainly not as issues free as the new Model 43 (9mm). They to my knowledge have been issue free. I can attest I have about 2500 rounds thru my G43 with no issues except I did have two squibb rounds with Winehester White Box 9mm. .No damage to the G43 though, and winbchester reimbursed me 20$ for one box but would not do so for the second box..

wyntrout
03-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Hi, Jocko. I'm glad that you caught the squib. I've only had one and that was using Federal Champion 230-gr FMJ in my new G30S last year... stuff I've been using for years with no problems. There was no damage as I knew to check the barrel. It took Federal about 7 months to send me two boxes of American Eagle 230-gr FMJ, but I did send the box, the bullet and the case as well as a video and still frames of the squib and my new Glock 30S. I never heard any results of their investigation and metallurgy tests, but I did get compensated... eventually. I thought that they had forgotten about me!

Oh... I ordered a G43 for wifey and may get it within the next few weeks. I thought about going with a Blue Label gun, but it takes a long time through Glock.

I tried the G42 as a rental and didn't care for it. The G43 was okay. I had already bought 10 mags on sale from CDNN for the G42, and now am expecting 8 for a G43 from Natchez tomorrow. I already have a Ghost 3.5 connector that fits either. That's the "trouble"... all of the add-on stuff... necessities. :D

I'm thinking about the TFX Pro sights for her because her eyes suck for close range and might be able to see the FO's.

Take care. I hope you get your bike fixed!

Wynn :)

CJB
03-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Thanks Jman.... no Glocks here... no need for 'em, but nice to pass along the info... and pass along that the P380 is NOT the worst and most dangerous pistol ever made (ahem).

muggsy
03-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Wait a minute. What ever happened to Glock perfection? Problems? Glock don't have no problems. Glock don't need no stinking problems. :p

Armybrat
03-28-2016, 05:29 PM
Wait a minute. What ever happened to Glock perfection? Problems? Glock don't have no problems. Glock don't need no stinking problems. :p

Yeah, I've heard nothin' but derision from those Block guys about our crappy little Moonie guns.