PDA

View Full Version : Updated CW9 Range Report

RolandD
03-30-2016, 12:56 AM
My wife and I were able to go to the range for a bit after work, before it got too dark. I managed to get 58 rounds down range in the little time we had. Here's the breakdown:

21 rounds of Perfecta 115gr, FMJ, RN
---No malfunctions.

7 rounds of RPT 115gr, FMJ, RN
---No malfunctions.

7 rounds of Blazer Brass 115gr, FMJ, RN
---No malfunctions.

7 rounds of WWB 147gr, JHP
---1 failure to feed. This was ammo that has been sitting in the magazine of my nightstand gun for about ten years and the brass was very discolored. I'm gonna chalk it up to that.

9 rounds of Freedom Ammunition 115gr, FMJ, RN, Mixed Brass, Reman
---This is where it got weird. I had this left over from my last trip to the range with my Llama XI-A. Only 9 rounds. So, I loaded the mag, chambered a round, and topped off the mag. The first round fired, but the second just went click. I waited a little bit and then pulled back the slide to see if I'd had a light strike, but there was nothing in the chamber. I then slingshotted the slide, chambered the next/second round and fired. Two rounds later, the fourth round failed to battery by 1/16", but took almost no pressure from my thumb to get it into battery. The next round, I short stroked the trigger. So I took a break, cleared my weapon, reloaded the fifth round and the extra from my pocket into the mag, and fired the last five rounds without any problems.

7 rounds of Federal "Champion" 115gr, FMJ, RN, Aluminium Cased
---No Malfunctions

After we got home and had supper, we sat down at the kitchen table and I walked my wife through the process of disassembly and cleaning of her CT380, as I cleaned my CW9. The only times I had to help her, was to pull the slide lock the rest of the way out, after she had successfully gotten it started, and to get the recoil spring and guide back into place. I was surprised by how much dirtier her CT380 was than my CW9. Way, way dirtier.

She fired a similar number of rounds through her CT380, and was very pleased with the performance of both. The only aggravation for me is the fact that my wife is a better shot than I am. :2eek:

Here's the range report on the CT380. (http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?28735-New-CT380-First-Range-Report&p=365885#post365885)

Second Range Report in Post 6 of this thread.

Tpepper70
03-30-2016, 06:37 AM
My next Kahr will be a CW9 unless I find a smoking deal on a K9. Thanks for the report.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

Redstate
03-30-2016, 08:44 AM
My next Kahr will be a CW9 unless I find a smoking deal on a K9. Thanks for the report.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

I don't know what you consider a "smoking deal"; but keep checking Buds Gun Shop online for "blemished" K9's. They ocassionally have what I consider "smoking deals" on the K9.

Tpepper70
03-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Yeah. I keep an eye on them. I just have to have the money in hand when I find them. Don't have quite enough saved yet.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

RonW
03-30-2016, 12:16 PM
The K9 is worth every expensive little penny... :D

RolandD
04-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Second Range Report

Last Friday, I took my 18 year old daughter to the range to teach her howto shoot. She's 5' 5”, 105 lbs, and had never shot a gun. So,after proper coaching, I started her off on her mother's CT380. Read more about that in my CT380 Range Report thread. We fired a total of 109 rounds through my CW9. I fired 94 rounds and my daughter fired 15 rounds. She handled the 9mm just as well as the .380. Here is the breakdown:

34 rounds of Federal "Champion" 115gr, FMJ, RN, Aluminum Cased
---No malfunctions.

34 rounds of RPT 115gr, FMJ, RN
---No malfunctions.

34 rounds of Blazer Brass 115gr, FMJ, RN
---No malfunctions.

7 rounds of Perfecta 115gr, FMJ, RN
---No malfunctions.

11 mags were loaded 7+1
3 mags were loaded 7

Very pleased! 167 rounds total through my CW9.

jjanton305
04-22-2016, 05:04 AM
I'm getting ready to buy a CW9 in the next month or so, glad to hear you like yours!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidWJ
04-22-2016, 11:01 PM
Broke in my CW9 with ~200 rounds of reputable (LEO) reloads. No failures and an accurate little pistol.

RolandD
04-26-2016, 09:01 PM
Took my oldest daughter to the range today and we ran 50 rounds of Perfecta 115gr FMJ and 7 rounds of Winchester White Box 147gr JHP through my CW9 with no malfunctions.

My CW9 now has 224 rounds through it. 173 rounds since the last malfunction.

RolandD
07-12-2016, 04:51 PM
A buddy of mine and I managed to make it to the good range today and I got to shoot at something closer that 25 yards. We fired 46 rounds of Perfecta 115gr, FMJ and 50 rounds of Federal 'Champion' 115gr, FMJ, aluminum cased with no malfunctions. This brings my number of rounds through my CW9 to 320 total rounds, 269 without any errors.

I set up at five yards and was pleasantly surprised by how well I shot. I know it was only five yards, but I haven't had much practice. Here's a couple of targets. The one on the left is from early in the session and I was firing fairly rapidly, but not as fast as I could pull the trigger. 23 rounds of Perfecta, 22 on the paper. One was about an inch off the paper in the lower left. The target on the right was at the end of the session and I was taking my time, about 3 or 4 seconds between shots. 28 rounds of the Federal, with 23 inside the four inch circle.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13964&stc=1

Dagwood
07-12-2016, 07:05 PM
I'm glad you like the CW9. I bought mine used about a month ago and have since put probably 300 + rds though it and it has been flawless! Mine seems to shoot a bit low, but that's easily compensated for. I have shot Perfecta, Am. Eagle and Federal. All 115 gr ball ammo. I may have shot some HP's, but mostly ball fmj. This has become my EDC. I have a 7rd and two 8rd mags for it. I love it!!