PDA

View Full Version : New CW9 Advice

TyFlyer21
04-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Hello All,
I am almost a 1st time Kahr CW9 owner. It's on it's way from KY. It seems as though Lakeline mag follows are a slam dunk. I'd like to shoot through break-in before adding any Talon Grips, Houge or other accessories to get a true feel for the stock firearm.

Since the followers only really help with feeding/cycling it seems like a slam dunk upgrade from day 1.

Thoughts?

Thanks experts!

b4uqzme
04-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Truth is...you probably won't need them. But I like your thinking. I've been procrastinating...need to order enough for all my 9mm mags. Can't hurt nuttin' but my wallet and worth it since these are my carry pieces. Prob'ly should get some 45s too. :D

Welcome.

Alfonse
04-06-2016, 08:48 PM
I would leave it stock, break it in, and then decide. You have to have some budget for holsters too...

You can't appreciate an improvement if you don't know where you started. :)

lamppa
04-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Yeah, everybody wants to try fancy stuff right away. Just shoot, shoot, shoot, and then decide what makes sense.
Don't buy a grip cover. Use a bike tube. Shoot with the tube to save your hand and carry without, to save your grip.

TyFlyer21
04-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'm in agreement with your advice. Can't wait for the call from my FFL.
Thanks again

Tilos
04-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Hello All,
I am almost a 1st time Kahr CW9 owner. It's on it's way from KY. It seems as though Lakeline mag follows are a slam dunk. I'd like to shoot through break-in before adding any Talon Grips, Houge or other accessories to get a true feel for the stock firearm.

Since the followers only really help with feeding/cycling it seems like a slam dunk upgrade from day 1.

Thoughts?
Thanks experts!

Before there was Lakeline followers, we all did this mod...except for muggsy, who will be along soon to bloviate about it:
http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?6943-Chambering-the-first-round-a-slingshot-modification/page2

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?17326-Inside-of-8-round-magazine

Polishing the mag lips helped mine too,
:)

RolandD
04-07-2016, 12:17 PM
I would leave it stock, break it in, and then decide. You have to have some budget for holsters too...

You can't appreciate an improvement if you don't know where you started. :)
Only fifty rounds into my break-in, but can already slingshot with the OEM follower. Gotta buy another mag, first and then see about upgrading the followers.

lamppa
04-07-2016, 08:39 PM
I can slingshot if I do it like a mad man and do it firm.
But that's only after 1000 rounds

Ronni3_J
04-07-2016, 09:32 PM
I've been able to sling shot mine since day 1 but you have give it a good pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidWJ
04-08-2016, 02:37 PM
The stock grip tore up my hands, so the only upgrade was a Hogue cover.

RolandD
04-08-2016, 07:13 PM
The stock grip tore up my hands, so the only upgrade was a Hogue cover.

I knew my delicate hands couldn't handle it, so I went with an inner tube grip.

Ronni3_J
04-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Wow you guys must work in offices :p

RolandD
04-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Wow you guys must work in offices :p

Doesn't matter what I do. I worked construction for two years, doing everything from framing to finish carpentry, never built up callouses. I walk about thirty miles per week in my current job, my feet are smooth and soft. Bad genes.

Ronni3_J
04-08-2016, 09:57 PM
It was a joke...if you couldn't tell by the imoji

yqtszhj
04-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Doesn't matter what I do. I worked construction for two years, doing everything from framing to finish carpentry, never built up callouses. I walk about thirty miles per week in my current job, my feet are smooth and soft. Bad genes.

Bad genes... thats funny. I'm just the opposite, a little labor and I callouse up and look like a battle axe.

muggsy
04-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Not all of us have modified our followers. My CM9 and P380 are totally stock and I've haven't experienced any feeding problems since the break-in period. Lakeland followers are the answer if you don't share the same experience. Shoot good quality American made ammunition and you'll save yourself a lot of grief. The .380s don't like most foreign ammo or flat nose projectiles. Gold Dots, Critical Duty and Critical defense work well as a self defense load.

muggsy
04-09-2016, 10:23 AM
If the gun isn't moving around in your hand when you shoot the "cheese grater" grips shouldn't bother your hand unless you're a delicate flower like Bawanna or Jocko. Real men don't use grip condoms. :)

berettabone
04-09-2016, 11:35 AM
I like the Pachmayr grip gloves better............................................ ............