PDA

View Full Version : PM9 Follow up

kahrbrian
07-31-2010, 08:28 PM
PM9 Follow up
Reliable, Accurate, and even more fun to shoot!

Second range outing and about 100 rounds + onto the 160 I shot already.

More and more pleasant to shoot - more fun than other 9mms.

No hiccups. On my first outing, I dropped the mag prematurely twice. Not today.

Tried some old Fiocchi, old Geco, and some new Winchester 124 gr PDX +P ammo. It shot the +P just as easily as the ball. I fired the +P only after it was pretty dirty. Pleasant and accurate. Smooth, and I even slingshot loaded on mag full of HPs. 7 yards 2" was not a problem if I concentrated.

This is a VERY sweet 9mm subcompact.

Limpwristing doesn't seem to matter, and it will slingshot on loading if you letrrip.

VERY nice firearm.

Bawanna
07-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Good deal, glad to hear it's runnin for ya. Sounds like you'll love it more and more as time goes on.

Dietrich
08-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Tickled for ya.Not surprised at all,but really tickled for ya.

jlottmc
08-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Dietrich you didn't move to Atlantic NC did you? Down there by the coast and all? Tell me you didn't move near that cess pool MCALF Atlantic Field... I got stories for ya if you did.

Dietrich
08-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Dietrich you didn't move to Atlantic NC did you? Down there by the coast and all? Tell me you didn't move near that cess pool MCALF Atlantic Field... I got stories for ya if you did.

Oh yes,Atlantic,North Carolina, where the mosquitos are big enough to breed a 12 pound turkey standing flatfooted.My driveway is 26 miles from the nearest traffic light.Serious. This place is so remote that the radios are still getting WWII broadcasts.
Anyway,my wife`s family are all tied in to the commercial seafood business except for one brother in law who is a barge captain in the gulf of Mexico.It`s a whole different world here.It`s kind of scary,really.These folks march to a whole different set of drummers.They`re so out of touch with what`s going on in the world that if you put me into a group of three or four of them,I`m known as the "smart one".This is definately "Hello,I`m Larry.This is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl "country. The thing is,I think I`m going to fit right in.What`s your take on the air field thing Jlott?

kahrseye
08-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Great Report! I really like to hear a nice positive report. Glad your gun is working well for you.

Dietrich
08-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Brian,I forgot to tell you to get yourself a Crossbreed minituck for IWB carry.The thing is so comfortable you`ll forget that it`s there.

jlottmc
08-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Well that was were my squadron did many a field exercise. The mosquitoes are that big and larger. I remember my first field op when I got to the FMF... the term goat f*#$ comes to mind. The others that I was part of there only got worse. Winters get rather cool there, and I don't think NCDOT makes it out that way... I saw little of the actual town, but more than enough of the other to sour my tastes of that particular area. The deer are TINY there too.

texjames
08-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Brian,I forgot to tell you to get yourself a Crossbreed minituck for IWB carry.The thing is so comfortable you`ll forget that it`s there.
I really like my Mini Tuck, this one here was for my LCP and
I heated it up and resized it for my PM9...
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/texjames/4fa7583d.jpg?t=1280752137

Dietrich
08-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Well that was were my squadron did many a field exercise. The mosquitoes are that big and larger. I remember my first field op when I got to the FMF... the term goat f*#$ comes to mind. The others that I was part of there only got worse. Winters get rather cool there, and I don't think NCDOT makes it out that way... I saw little of the actual town, but more than enough of the other to sour my tastes of that particular area. The deer are TINY there too.

I`ve seen a few fair sized deer and some nice black bears but the duck hunting is the big draw here. Not to mention the fishing.Atlantic really isn`t a town but just a fishing village.One grocery store,two places to launch a boat and a grill.No cops to speak of and everybody knows your business better than you do.I`ve amused myself so far by starting wild rumors about life in Raleigh and the politicians there.The bad thing is that as grossly fabricated as my stories are,they can`t compete with what the politicians are really doing.

jlottmc
08-02-2010, 10:20 AM
I`ve seen a few fair sized deer and some nice black bears but the duck hunting is the big draw here. Not to mention the fishing.Atlantic really isn`t a town but just a fishing village.One grocery store,two places to launch a boat and a grill.No cops to speak of and everybody knows your business better than you do.I`ve amused myself so far by starting wild rumors about life in Raleigh and the politicians there.The bad thing is that as grossly fabricated as my stories are,they can`t compete with what the politicians are really doing.

That's about right. I didn't see any ducks while I was there. We did have a sea turtle wash up at our water point once. That was fun. EPA and a couple other agencies shut us down for that. Most of my stories from there aren't fit for public posting. I'll continue off the board if you like.

OldLincoln
08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Brian, You're going to get a lot of favorites for holsters. I wish we could have all the favorites and the guys in a room and have them try each and see who would change.

My favorite is the Silent Thunder (http://kahrtalk.com/holsters-gear/663-got-silent-thunder-my-mk9-pic-heavy.html#post5137) IWB from Tucker Gun Leather (http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html). It is leather lined Kydex and the PM9 fits perfectly. My opinion is that if it has 2 belt clips it may be to large for the PM9. A compact gun deserves a compact holster. Anyway, I'll inform you decide.