PDA

View Full Version : CW380 range trip with Lakeline LLC firing pin and trigger pin modification

DevinBreeding
04-28-2016, 04:52 PM
Just thought I would post an update after my first range trip with my lakeline striker. For the record I have about 500 rounds prior to this and my original firing pin seems fine still but from what I have read, lakeline offers a better part so I went ahead and ordered one and installed it. Inspecting it, you can tell the difference. Think of it this way, go to Kmart and handle the newer craftsman hand tools made in China (Eco line I think) then pick up a punch made by dasco. One feels like foam made from steel and the other feels like a strong, solid peice of steel. That is the difference you can see and feel between the two. At the range it shot flawlessly through about 200 rounds (125 Winchester white box, 50 Speer Gold Dot, 10 or so XTP and a few remaining federal fmj I had. An interesting observation, the primer strikes seem more pronounced than before. Unfortunately I don't have an old casing to compare so it may be my imagination. I also want to note that this little thing finally feels broken in. I can rack a round in almost as smoothly as my glock 23 and almost guide the cartridge in with no force. I also want to thank the forum member November for his recommended modification (http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?27318-CW380-(and-P380)-Modifications) to prevent the trigger pin from walking. I now have no issues with this little pistol to speak of.

DevinBreeding
04-28-2016, 04:59 PM
How do I go about attaching pictures?

gb6491
04-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Nice report, thanks for taking the time to put it together :)

How do I go about attaching pictures?
You have to have made a minimum of 30 posts before the attachment feature will work for you.
In the meantime, you can upload photos to an off site host (I use tinypic.com), then post them here using the code (tinypic will supply a link with the code already added).
Regards,
Greg

Alfonse
04-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Thanks, fantastic report and I'm glad all is working well on your Kahr.

November
05-07-2016, 07:47 PM
... I also want to thank the forum member November for his recommended modification (http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?27318-CW380-(and-P380)-Modifications) to prevent the trigger pin from walking. I now have no issues with this little pistol to speak of.

My pleasure, glad it was of help.

GogTheHammer
05-07-2016, 09:24 PM
What made you decide to try the Lakeline firing pin to begin with?

SGT5711
05-08-2016, 07:42 AM
I am also planning to buy the Lakeline striker for my P380. I haven't had any problems with the factory striker, but I don't want any either. This will be the first time I will have disassembled the slide on any of my Kahrs (also have a PM9 and K9). Are there any other recommendations of things I should replace like springs while I have this thing apart?

Alfonse
05-08-2016, 08:00 AM
I have never replaced one, but the main spring in the slide is the striker spring. There is an extractor spring and one in the striker block too but I can hardly imagine either of those going bad.

DevinBreeding
05-08-2016, 09:29 AM
What made you decide to try the Lakeline firing pin to begin with?

Paranoia mostly from bad experiences with other small pistols having pretty much every known issue on their respective forums. Also as I noted, the original feels like cheap tool steel. I also dry fire a lot so it was preventative maintenance.

SGT5711
05-08-2016, 04:28 PM
Thanks Alfonse. Just purchased my striker from you today.