PDA

View Full Version : $1M bounty on head of Sheriff Joe

aray
08-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/immigration/mexican-drug-cartel-sheriff-arpaio-07292010)

Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head
$1M offered for Arpaio, $1K to join cartel

rglbegl
08-02-2010, 11:51 PM
The other sheriff down there (Paul Babeu) has a green light on him.
That means either the assassin kills him, or the assassins entire family is killed because he couldn't do the job.

The mexican drug cartels are taking this very seriously.

But everyone knows that if either Arpaio or Babeu get killed, SB1070 gets the fast lane treatment through every state.

jlottmc
08-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Wow, and the idiots in office say the border is safe. Personally I like those two, and am waiting to see war declared on Mexico...again.

rglbegl
08-03-2010, 10:59 AM
The Gov't already gave 80 miles of Arizona back to Mexico, That goes further North than Tucson!!!

YouTube - GGN- Arizona Park Closed Off to Americans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWILqMcxa5g)

jfrey
08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Somehow I think ole Sheriff Joe is going to have plenty of protection. If they really try to get him there will hell to pay from his department and a lot of others in the border states. I could be wrong, but politics aside I expect Texas to be the next state to pass a law like Arizona. The stuff around Laredo and El Paso is getting worse. It was already bad several years back. Supposedly two ranches have been taken over by the druggies near Laredo, on this side of the border. That's going to give "Don't Mess With Texas" a new meaning.

Bawanna
08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Funny, I was thinking of buying a ranch down there right on the border. Thought I'd run a little livestock and open a 24/7 shooting range along with it.
Figured I'd make it a 180 degree range all facing south. Don't worry about staying in your lane or crossing over. No berms, any range you prefer. Credits given for breathing targets. Maybe a free range session or box of ammo for every breathing target made horizontal.
Maybe I'll call it the Arpaio Family Fun Center.

Bawanna
08-03-2010, 12:39 PM
If our pres wants to come visit we'll tell him to stop on his way back from bowing to the president of Mexico and approach from the south. Maybe bring his cabinet along for a group adventure.
Damn there's saliva dripping out of the corners of my mouth.

jfrey
08-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey Bawanna, you gonna give extra credit for any hit shots over say - 500 or 600 yards? That ought to be good for a free cup of coffee at the pro shop. I figure 1000 yds. ought to be good for a taquito dinner. I'm sure there would be a lot of ranchers down there who would let you put a range on their land too. Just have to be sure and don't shoot any cows. You know, range safety and all.

Seriously, the ranchers and hunters in that area are getting fed up with this mess.

mr surveyor
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm in Northeast Texas, and I'm fed up with it!

I was out on a well location survey last week as the drilling rig was beinig readied, and the drill pipe racks were being stocked, and out of about 40 workers all but a half dozen or so were still wet. This was a small drilling company, but hells bells...... even the East Texas oil field is now going bi-lingual?????

Yep.... I'm just down right sick of it.

surv

johnh
08-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Sadly it will probably take some very extreme event to get anything done. Assassination by drug cartels, major cartel battle in an American town, etc. If the media cannot shock the sheeple into acting, the politicos probably will not either. Given the media bias on this issue, they might just bury any such stories. After all they have Lindsey Lohan to cover...

:(

John

getsome
08-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Jay Leno had the perfect solution to the border problem....He said forget trying to stop the illegal immigrants from entering the United States but let them in, hire them and give each one a gas powered brush cutter and let them patrol the border and keep out anyone trying to take his place...works great, cheap labor, full employment and we have the border fence without weeds!!!!...:cool:

packinaglock
08-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Our founding fathers are probably rolling over in their graves, watching us let this country be invaded.

aray
08-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Looks like, at least for now, Sheriff Joe gets the last laugh:

Sheriff Joe gets the last laugh on the protesters! (http://www.dontpressoneforenglish.com/2010/07/sheriff-joe-gets-the-last-laugh-on-the-protesters/)

capriaz
08-23-2010, 09:58 PM
The 1070 lawsuit (.gov vs AZ) could be much father reaching than imigration.

The basis is this..""We are concerned about a patchwork of laws that would interfere with the federal governments priorities and the federal government's authority in setting immigration policy,"

The Fed says states cannot have imigration laws because there are federal laws, but..

states can have wage laws even though there are federal laws
states can have gun laws even though there are federal laws
states can have drug laws even though there are federal laws

doesn't this violate the 14th amendment?

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States"