PDA

View Full Version : That frog ain't right!

aray
08-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Monster frog: YouTube - BOO EXPLODIN' ON A RAT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-38oiVvfk3I) :eek:

jocko
08-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Monster frog: YouTube - BOO EXPLODIN' ON A RAT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-38oiVvfk3I) :eek:

fROG LEGS are actually made from RAT meat. YUK:D

Steve-$
08-03-2010, 08:03 AM
I used to really like eating frog legs !

:eek:

wyntrout
08-03-2010, 09:10 AM
I once saw a documentary about the Serengeti and the seasons. During and after the rainy season, the frogs all hatch. They are voracious. They showed a close up of one that looked about the size of that monster... hard to tell... but he was just sitting there when another exactly the same size as he came up behind him and started swallowing him! The eatee just maintained his composure until swallowed. Notice that they are mostly mouth!
Hey! I heard that... guilty, I guess.:D
Wynn:D

jocko
08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I used to really like eating frog legs !

:eek:

I UED to also:(

wyntrout
08-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Poor frogs... I haven't had any of those in a long time. :hungry: I once had them Provençale at a little restaurant off the beaten track in France when my wife-to-be and I were returning from our vacation. We stayed in a Holiday Inn on Gibraltar, among other places.
That preparation involved tomatoes, so it wasn't my favorite.
I finally found a decent cartoon on the subject.

Steve-$
08-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Poor frogs... I haven't had any of those in a long time. :hungry: I once had them Provençale at a little restaurant off the beaten track in France when my wife-to-be and I were returning from our vacation. We stayed in a Holiday Inn on Gibraltar, among other places.
That preparation involved tomatoes, so it wasn't my favorite.
I finally found a decent cartoon on the subject.

Very Good !

That had to take a little bit to find.

So what kind of wine goes good with frog?

wyntrout
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Dang, I've never subscribed to the white for fish and fowl and red for meat and cheese, etc. Besides, frog is an amphibian... not fish or fowl, or quite meat... kind of tastes like chicken.:D
I prefer dry reds... cabernet or merlot... or Bordeaux... not expensive. When I can scrape up the cash some cheap... er, inexpensive ($30 a bottle at Total Wine) Châteauneuf du Pâpe.
For the Cuisse de grenouilles, probably a nice merlot or plain old red table wine... French, of course. I knew the grenouilles, but looked it up to be sure... Wikipedia.
Frog Legs Recipe Cuisine France: French Cooking Recipes (http://www.cuisine-france.com/recipes/frog-legs.htm)
Wine suggestion: Riesling, Sancerre, dry white wine (French Wine Guide).

Bon appetit!

That's how I met my wife-to-be. We both liked French cuisine... and some German... mainly their tenderloin steaks with garlic, mushrooms, and onions. :hungry: We were stationed in a command post together in western Germany... real close to France. That was the good old days. I never expected to get out of SAC long enough for that kind of assignment.
Wynn:yo: