PDA

View Full Version : Kahr CW380: Three Years Later -new vid from Purple Mountain Outdoors

SlowBurn
05-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Purple Mountain Outdoors is a member of the forum, but I didn't see where he posted his new video here, so I thought I'd put the link up. I like PMO videos, not technically deep for tinkerers and gunsmiths (which I'm not) but very straightforward user oriented reviews with very little rambling - quick and clean. He makes an interesting suggestion here about replacing the mag spring.
Kahr CW380: Three Years Later (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnCvuWbqzoU)

Alfonse
05-27-2016, 12:37 PM
Using a 10% stronger Kel-Tec P3AT mag spring. Sounds like a good idea on the video. Thanks!

Cogburn
05-27-2016, 03:16 PM
Good info thanks for sharing.

Ronni3_J
05-28-2016, 09:02 AM
I had the same issue with my mag springs. Kahr sent me new longer springs that I have tucked away. I ended up going with Magguts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zredwire
05-28-2016, 10:14 AM
I had the same issue with my mag springs. Kahr sent me new longer springs that I have tucked away. I ended up going with Magguts

I also went with Magguts from the very start with my CW380 and have not had a problem. I found something pretty interesting the other day at the range. I have 4 magazines for my CW380. Three of the 4 have the Magguts conversion. I usually carry the gun with one of the magazines in it and carry two spare on me thus I only use the 6 round factory mag at the range. Well at the range I mostly shoot FMJ and only shoot my defensive ammo occasionally and I just use the Magguts magazines for that as they are what I want to make sure will work with my defensive ammo. I use the Lehigh XP bullet (actually Underwood with the XP bullet). Anyway it has always chambered perfectly for me (though I have seen many people have problems with the XP bullet chambering, especially on the first round). Anyway I happened to load some into my factory 6 round magazine and I could not get it to chamber the first round. I tried several times. Even if I hit the back of the slide, it would not chamber, just a hard jam. So now I am curious if the Magguts follower or the spring is what is making the XP bullet chamber reliably for me. I think it is probably the follower but it would be interesting to see if the spring mentioned in this thread would make the XP bullet feed more reliably with the stock follower.

Ronni3_J
05-28-2016, 10:19 AM
My 7 round mag with extension has the stock spring and follower from Kahr. I havent had any feeding issues with that one either. Ive shot Winchester flat nosed, Freedom Munitions flat nosed, and Hornady XTP JHPs with no issues out of all my mags.