PDA

View Full Version : PM9 Holster Comments

Ak Guy
08-04-2010, 03:12 AM
I've received and tried all the hosters I got for my new PM9. Comments follow:

Desantis Super Fly pocket holster: Not at all impressed. I couldn't get it to release from the gun. It came out of the pocket with the gun EVERY time. I've returned it to Desantis for refund.

Mika pocket holster: Good. It's a loose fit, and seems to come off the gun fairly easily. And I think it will come off even easier once the holster shapes itself to the gun a little more. But I'm probably not much of a pocket carry guy. The gun is light, for sure, but it's not like it isn't there........it flops around pretty good as you walk, wearing semi-dress slacks, but I can kinda get used to it. (But that's not a holster problem, it's a pocket problem). To whatever extent I use pocket-carry, this will be my holster. (But really, why do I want a holster for pocket carry? Just stick the gun in the pocket, and off you go. I guess if you carry it OFTEN that way it will wear a hole in your pocket, but if it's only occassionally, it may be best to pocket carry w/o holster. (?????)

Galco Stinger: I like it just fine. It fits the gun perfectly, and the holster/gun carry like they are made of helium. (Gun? What gun? Oh yeah, now I remember, it's right here on my belt). It's not as concealable as IWB, but that's to be expected, I think. And especially w/ my body shape, which is chubby, +, which tends to throw the holster/gun combo out away from the body. For someone who actually has a waist, I suspect it would conceal very well under anything. And I like that this holster has a 1.5" belt loop, which is what I wear.........I hate the "fits up to 1.75 belts" because for me that means slippy sloppy.

Pocket Concealment Systems (PCS) IWB (XDC): I'd never heard of this outfit, but happened to see them at Lightning Arms. ........ IWB, one-way snaps, 1.5" loop, leather, good fit to gun, canted........I'm liking it very much. I wore it tonight, shooting pool for about 3 hours, w/ un-tucked short sleeve shirt, and I think it would have taken Superman and X-ray vision to notice anything unusual. I talked to the guy at PCS and they are like $75, but w/ 2 month wait........ Lightning Arms had them in stock at $103........Hhmmmm....how long can a guy wait for "gun stuff"? For me, +$25 was cheap to have it in a few days....... Got it, like it....... This is my pool shootin' combo !!

I've got an IDPA match this weekend, and I'll probably use my PM9, just to get some more rounds thru it, and see how we all work together. I'll probably use the IWB holster, just to "use what I carry..... carry what I use". Let me know if you have any interest in feedback from the match.....I hate to bore folks w/ my ramblings..........

texjames
08-04-2010, 06:32 AM
I used the Crossbreed Mini Tuck i was useing for my Ruger LCP and just
heated it up with a heat gun.I reformed it for my PM9.Its very comfy.
Rides at 4:30 and i can draw it out quick, love it.Wear it all day.
The clips are moved down to next holes other then shown below now.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/texjames/4fa7583d.jpg

cemjr
08-04-2010, 07:09 AM
My first attempt @ a holster for my PM9 was disappointing. I bought a High Noon split decision , doesn't work well for me, I'm afraid I'm going to shoot myself tring to reholster the gun. I will try to return it for something differant. I'm looking @ the com-tac monitor IWB. I like this gun alot and I'm looking forward to being able to carry it regularly once I have the right holster.

OldLincoln
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Might want to try a Tucker Gun Leather Silent Thunder IWB (not the Slim model). I've had mine for the PM9 for a few months and carry from get up to lay down. Very confortable sitting, standing, walking, and very concealed at 3:30. Check out links in my signature.

jocko
08-04-2010, 01:42 PM
IT IS A VERY Pocketable gun IMO. I carry mine in jeans in a desantis. works good for me..

Tilos
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Ak Guy:
Thanks for the holster review.
I never tire of range reports or gear reviews.
Let us know how the IDPA match went, do they have a bug class?

I recently shot a Steel Challenge match with a CW9 and learned a lot.
I guessed at a load to use and it shot about 10" above point of aim and slowed me down quite a bit.
I had no holster at the time and was allowed to start from low ready.
With only 7 or 8 rounds, and 5 targets I shot slow to avoid the need to reload.
That way is hard to compete with people with race guns holding up to 26 rounds, as they shoot at the spray setting:eek:

Loads with faster powder cured that point of aim problem and I'm ready to try it again, with a holster I bought from kholster.com
Check them out, 90 day no questions return...even if you cut the leather in your attempt to get it to work.
Kholsters are simular in design to supertuck/minituck with extra leather to trim "your way".
use discount code: 07-5160

Just sayin'
Tilos

cemjr
08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Might want to try a Tucker Gun Leather Silent Thunder IWB (not the Slim model). I've had mine for the PM9 for a few months and carry from get up to lay down. Very confortable sitting, standing, walking, and very concealed at 3:30. Check out links in my signature.
That holster looked very interesting. I can see the leather lining as a big plus. I wondered if a single clip would hold it fast ? Why not the SLIM model ? Now after hearing your positive comments I have to decide between the Tucker and the Com-Tac:confused:

skytop
08-06-2010, 05:24 PM
AK Guy: Thanks for the heads up on Pocket Concealment Systems holsters. Never saw a maker offering such a variety of quality pocket holsters (7)!

carguy79
08-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I have been using a clipdraw mounted on the slide of my pm9 for a few weeks now. I even went to a wedding and danced with my wife without my jacket on and no one noticed a darn thing. It is very comfortable and stays in place even if I run!!!!! Normally I cant the butt of the gun forward and let that part ride above my waistband but for deep concealment i just tuck the whole thing under my waistband and its like nothing is there. I know there are a few people who say carrying without the trigger guard covered is a no no but I disagree. I have had no issues!!!

SC Tiger
08-09-2010, 01:45 PM
I bought a Tagula (sp? - Paraguayan holster) OWB belt-slide type holster from a local gun shop for my PM9 (it is actually for the PM40). It is probably one of the best holsters I've ever used - up there with the old Galco's. It is secure and puts the gun right against my body. Best $30 I've ever spent on a holster.