PDA

View Full Version : Where are your ejected brasses landing?

083p
08-06-2010, 12:22 AM
This applies to various Kahr models because I've seen MK9 , PM9 and P380 where
the brass was landing sort of all over the place.

Sometimes 45 degress to the back, sometimes to the side, sometimes slightly forward to the side, and sometimes hitting the shooter in the head.

Happens on the same magazine w/ same ammo.

Is this normal for Kahrs ?
If not, is this indicative of some problems (if not already existing problems , perhaps
hinting at the likelihood of developing problems)?

Thanks.

wetdough
08-06-2010, 08:09 AM
my mk9 really throws the brass far. behind me on my right side quite a ways back, but the other day i caught one right in the forehead and it kind of hurt!

jocko
08-06-2010, 02:43 PM
This applies to various Kahr models because I've seen MK9 , PM9 and P380 where
the brass was landing sort of all over the place.

Sometimes 45 degress to the back, sometimes to the side, sometimes slightly forward to the side, and sometimes hitting the shooter in the head.

Happens on the same magazine w/ same ammo.

Is this normal for Kahrs ?
If not, is this indicative of some problems (if not already existing problems , perhaps
hinting at the likelihood of developing problems)?

Thanks.

things can cause this. left or right hand shooters have different results. recoil springs can produce different results, size of gun can give different results, ones grip also, I get about the same results as your stating in my P380 and PM9. every once in awhile I get the round in the head stuff. but also my G19 has done this to me before. Ammo can play into this game also. not sure what the cure is ,,, or if there is a cure.. I just live with it, as no harm, no foul.. All of the guns you mentined here are small,have small ejection port areas, things just happen. My kel tec 380's banged my head alot also... My Ruger lcp does it also, not alot but it will and I chalk that up to somethign that I might be doing wrong at that particular time. My grip plays a big part of where the brass seems to go for me...

Kahrbon 14
08-06-2010, 07:13 PM
on da deck, sum X's das grassess

aray
08-06-2010, 08:15 PM
on da deck, sum X's das grassess

Yeah I was never a big believer in shooting glasses since I already wear corrective prescription glasses. However the first time an ejected shell hit me in the glasses and scratched them, I went back to wearing the shooting glasses over the normal glasses. Bummer, but replacing lenses is expensive.

rglbegl
08-06-2010, 09:14 PM
15' to the right.
They dont seem to pile as perfectly as a few of my other guns, but their are consistant enough to collect all my brass