PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr Owner Here!

Penguini
07-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Hi all,
Just got a new CW45 and CM9, coming from a 1911 and a Shield. Definitely like both! Any tips for takedown, cleaning, etc.? They both like my bullets. Glad to be a new owner!

b4uqzme
07-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Welcome. Check out the stickies in the New Member forum. Lots of good info in there.

Alfonse
07-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Welcome, it sounds like you have things going well. FYI, the take down pin gets easier to remove with use.

nmkahrshooter
07-15-2016, 04:27 AM
Welcome from New Mexico

landman
07-29-2016, 11:22 PM
welcome from Wyoming.

kwh
07-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Welcome. I also have a CW45 (IWB),CM9 (pocket or ankle holster), and a .40 S&W Shield (pouch 12:00). Usually not all carried at the same time. My 1911 is OWB.

Brian G
07-31-2016, 12:35 AM
Welcome from Oregon

PigPilot
08-01-2016, 12:03 AM
New poster here. Been a member a while but looking in from outside. My PM45 is a couple of years old but has yet to send two dozen rounds downrange: it won't feed and it jams upon ejection. I'm well acquainted with revolvers and pistols and I know I'm not weak-wresting it. A trip to the range is short lived with this pistol before it goes back into the box. I finally got a KAHR tech on the phone and he told me "that the slide must and can only be released via the slide release on the pistol or it won't function and pulling the slide all the way back makes it all worse". Anyone had a likewise issue or able to offer some advice? Thanks in advance.

Bawanna
08-01-2016, 08:49 AM
The Kahr Tech gave you a cookie cutter response which isn't exactly true.

It also has nothing to do with the gun jamming upon ejection.

More information would be helpful. Is it always first round jams, are you talking about hand ejecting a live round or ejecting a fired round.

I'd keep track in detail exactly what is happening, both magazines act the same, always a certain round in the mag or all etc.

Then we can try to figure out solutions. If that doesn't work seek a pickup tag and send it back to get checked out.

I admire your patience to let this go on for a couple years. It's worth getting correct as it's a great gun. I had no issues with mine.

marshal kane
08-02-2016, 06:46 AM
I'm a relatively new Kahr owner (2 years, P9) and I've always released the slide with the slide release. Works fine on my Kahr so why try to fix something that isn't broke?

skiflydive
08-02-2016, 07:13 AM
New poster here. Been a member a while but looking in from outside. My PM45 is a couple of years old but has yet to send two dozen rounds downrange: it won't feed and it jams upon ejection. I'm well acquainted with revolvers and pistols and I know I'm not weak-wresting it. A trip to the range is short lived with this pistol before it goes back into the box. I finally got a KAHR tech on the phone and he told me "that the slide must and can only be released via the slide release on the pistol or it won't function and pulling the slide all the way back makes it all worse". Anyone had a likewise issue or able to offer some advice? Thanks in advance.

IMHO, since you only have a couple dozen rounds downrange, you should make a couple or three trips to the range and get a couple hundred rounds through it (like the manual says) to let it loosen up and break in. Keep it well lubed. It's a tight gun to start with and that tightness can induce some malfunctions early on. Once you've done that if you still have malfunctions, send it in.

As far as releasing the slide using the slide stop, that'll loosen up too. Both my CM9 and my P380 work just fine racking the slide now but early on they didn't just because the springs are so stout. I'm not sure hand racking brought the slide all the way back.

Good luck. SHOOT that thing!

downtownv
08-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Welcome from New Jermany.

Second Try
08-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Welcome from Upstate New York. Yes, we can still have guns here - for now.

CPTKILLER
08-08-2016, 08:25 AM
Howdy from Austin, Texas!