PDA

View Full Version : few questions after cleaning

f44life
08-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Well i did my pre prep for my pm9. I opened her up and there was alot of shavings and crud in there. I cleaned it the best i could. Since i have the pm series the recoil spring is different then the regulart it has another piece to it. What is the best way to get that spring off without damaging it?

I noticed in the kahr youtube dis and reassembly the part when you reinstalling the slide. I was nervous when installing the slide lock pin.. They said the little spring must sit on the top of the protrusion. It was in the same position when i took it out. So i pop it in with little force. The slide lock works and it functions the same (i havent shot it yet). If it wasnt sitting on that protrusion it wouldnt go in correct? and the slide lock wouldn function correct?

Is using lube or grease better?

ripley16
08-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Sounds like everything is correct and you're ready to go shoot. Oil or grease or a bit of both... really doesn't matter that much. For what you are probably about to do, either will suffice.

f44life
08-08-2010, 06:36 PM
thank you for the response

RogerP9fan
08-08-2010, 09:23 PM
You're right that little spring must be above the slidestop protusion when you click it back in place. As long as you have it lined up properly and you push it straight in, you should be fine. Other more senior members told me grease is best esp. on the guiderails. TW25b fom Mil=Comm is best.
Good luck, I'm in the same boat prepping my P9 for Thurs. range time!

f44life
08-09-2010, 03:16 PM
i cant tell if i did, the spring didnt change position, and everything functions fine....what would happen if you didnt, you would bend it or it wouldnt slide lock at all correct?

OldLincoln
08-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Also, look at the Lube Diagram in this forum. I can add that it's important to smear a thin film of grease on the round part of the barrel and on the top of the inside of the slide (turn it over and look inside) between the ejection cutout and the guide spring hole, and the barrel bushing that the barrel slides through.

By design. there is contact between the front ridge top and the inside top of the slide. That's what tilts the barrel upward and it needs lube.

f44life
08-09-2010, 03:34 PM
well if it functions, i hope it doesnt explode in my hand because i reassembled it wrong

ha ha lol