PDA

View Full Version : Mil-comm TW25B omega my PM9?

oldjarhead
08-03-2016, 11:00 AM
I have used regular gun oil on my Kahr PM9 since I bought it. I am thinking of using Mil-Comm TW25B lube on the frame rails. Will it degrade the polymer frame rails with use, when they rub against each other during use of the pistol?

Alfonse
08-03-2016, 11:10 AM
I use grease on mine, and have for years, with no issues.

Bawanna
08-03-2016, 01:46 PM
I use the TW25 on everything I shoot, never an issue.

ripley16
08-03-2016, 02:57 PM
I use the TW25 on everything I shoot, never an issue.

Ditto.

SaltyNC
08-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Like the others here, I have used EEZOX and TW25B for years on polymer-frame guns for years. No issues at all.

I'm now trying some Frog Lube (mostly coconut oil) on a new pistol. We'll see how that goes. I see mixed reviews on-line, but the EEZOX I've used for years will definitely make you have three-headed babies. It gives me a headache. (maybe not three-headed babies, but it's not pleasant) Turns out Fireclean is a blend of vegetable/nut oils. I shoot and clean my firearms regularly, so it probably doesn't matter what I use. I could use the grease and lanolin from the side of my nose, and I'd be OK. :p

Salty

Bawanna
08-03-2016, 04:28 PM
We're trying Frog Lube here at the department especially for our two motor officers whose guns get wet a lot.

They are Glock 21's so I was really too concerned but the firearms instructors get concerned about such things.

One used the Fireclean on his Colt Rail Gun and it turned into a gummy mess to the point of malfunction. It was tough to get that nasty stuff off and of course he put it on everything in that gun. The thumb safety detent spring I remember was especially gummed up. No more of that stuff for me.

I'm with Salty, I clean my guns fairly regular and without fail immediately after any shooting so any oil or grease will work fine for me, not too particular.

CJB
08-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Been accused of overthinking things, but here goes.

High pressure, high stress parts need thicker lube, capable of staying put, and working in the high stress/pressure areas.
Lightweight, lightly loaded parts use a thin lube so the lube does not disallow their movement.
Some parts need no lube
Sliding parts yet another type of lube.

We do not use molybdenum disulfide grease on paper pinwheels.
We do not use Pratt's Astral Oil on tank treads. (google the astral oil....)

Things like barrel lugs, top and bottom, take a beating. Sticky grease.
Things like slide rails, fronts of barrels, need film that stays put. TW25b
Things like strikers and extractors need no lube.

SaltyNC
08-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Bawanna,

On your dept guns, are you applying the Frog Lube to warm metal, then basically wiping it all off? That's how I understand it should be used, never used like an oil where it is left wet. For rust prevention, Frog Lube and One Shot were awesome. You've probably seen the metal plate test some guy performed. A nice experiment. I love that Frog Lube is non-toxic and can be handled...heck eaten, if you're so inclined. :) I'm going to use it for a few months and see how it performs for me.

Salty

Bawanna
08-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Yeah I heated them up with a heat gun on the original application just like they recommend.

There's two things as I recall, the original stuff and then a cleaner oil.

I'm only doing it to two guns to start with, we'll see how it goes.

Neither officer is really a gun guy, so have to keep after them to clean and check them more frequently especially when they are out in the rain.

bozemanman
08-04-2016, 07:45 PM
All of my carry guns are lubed with TW-25B including my main carry CM9. Been using it for years. Good stuff!

Bills1873
08-04-2016, 07:52 PM
-85 to 450F operating range, good for most climates. Tw-25b is good stuff.