PDA

View Full Version : PM9 found

SteveOak
08-05-2016, 10:45 AM
I located a nice PM9 yesterday and bought it. It has to be shipped so I will get it next week unless NICS gives me a 'delay' like they do half the time. Never been denied but often been delayed.

It is the newer version with the angled nose, SN 1C79XX.

I did a lot of research and the PM9 seems to be the best choice for my use. Light enough for easy carry, small and smooth enough for easy conceal, no external safety (I am left handed so safeties are always on the wrong side. LOL), 9mm which is, according to the new FBI report, optimum, breech lock for less felt recoil. Did I miss anything? LOL

BTW the short list was the PM9 and the P380. I have never seen a PM9 in person but I saw a CM9 in a shop and decided it would work for me.

I have several boxes of Rem Golden Saber 124 gr +P from 10 years ago when I was looking for a 9mm. What would be a good fam fire ammo to approximate the recoil and feeding of the Rem GS?

Tuco
08-07-2016, 11:01 AM
I can't answer the ammo question, but your criteria for buying the PM9 matches mine closely. The recoil wasn't as big an issue. I didn't want a safety either, but wanted the trigger to be deliberate. Pocket carry was the goal. The PM9 trigger was my favorite of the options, long and heavy enough to require my conscious pull, but smooth and predictable enough to be able to fire accurately. I think you will like it.

CJB
08-07-2016, 11:17 AM
..... breech lock for less felt recoil. Did I miss anything?

Yes. You missed that a locked breech has lower felt recoil. It does not. But the PM9 is low recoil anyway so no big matter.