PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr P40 DLC deal!

wyntrout
08-13-2016, 09:23 AM
I just ordered another P40, but this one is DLC... all black. CDNN Sports has some for $369.99... $180 below dealer cost, so I just had to get one.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/kahr-p40-40s-w-black-stainless-synthetic.html

Shipping is about $20 and they'll ship it to my FFL Monday.

I've always wanted the black version and will add the ported barrel from Kahr and some kind of night sights. I'm not crazy about the set up on my Mag-na-ported one. The Big Dot front sight and Trijicon two-dot rears aren't good for anything but fast, close defensive shooting... which is their purpose, but it's a transition going from regular sights to the fat sight perched on top of the small rear notch.

I was going to get a second Glock 43 because of the options available for it... great sight choices and magazine upgrades... even ordered a holster from Crossbreed, but I really wanted a .40! The two are similar in size and weight but mags are 6 and 7-rounders for the P40.

Now I need to sell some more stuff! :D

Wynn :)

The P9 with ported barrel is on top of the G43 below. My P40 will look like that when I get through, but have some different night sights.

CJB
08-13-2016, 09:46 AM
Just about all the manufacturers are unloading on .40's it seems these days, after the FBI switch back to 9mm

There are some that have dropped the .40 completely in some models. Others have "liquidated" their inventories, or so it seems.

The .40 is a good round, but I'll never own one.... personal sort of thing, since I built a 10mm based off a Colt .38 Super, well before Colt had their Delta Elite on dealer's shelves. Sort of a pride in accomplishment thing.

wyntrout
08-13-2016, 10:03 AM
I've seen some really good deals on new Kahrs. I think they are clearing out stock on the older models and getting ready for the 2nd generation models.

I've always like the black Kahrs and this was a good chance to set up a new .40 with the ported barrel. The flash won't be as bright and won't dirty up the front sight. I don't even notice the difference with the P9's ported barrel. It throws most of the blast forward and up and is nothing like the slide ported pistols.

I still like the .40 S&W since it's a .4 something and I get an extra round over the PM45. I came close to buying a new in the box TP45 with 3 mags for $349.99 at a gun show about 5 months ago. I would have shortened the grip to "P" size and had a nice carry pistol, but it wasn't black. That would have clinched the deal! I was cash poor then... as now, and the dealer didn't take credit cards or I might have jumped on that one.

I still have to sort out my P40 after a few trips to the range. I think it's a magazine problem, though. I have 14 or 15 mags and replaced all of the followers with new OEM ones and 3 Lakeline ones, but I didn't do anything to the new OEM followers, so they are probably binding on the 3-rd round or so. I've been carrying my P9 since those problems. It will be good to start with a clean slate on the DLC P40.

gb6491
08-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Congrats Wynn!
Regards,
Greg

wyntrout
08-13-2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks, Greg. I sold three sight pushers in the last two gun shows and have none, now, so there's another thing I need. I need to sell more stuff! The gun show last weekend sucked, especially Sunday where I sold one box of .22 magnum shot shells for about 25¢ less than I paid after shipping... probably the worst show for us ever! We didn't even start to pay for the table, but it was fun visiting with friends and talking to customers and fellow dealers.

The one before I had three pistols that I sold and was one of our best shows. We may sit the next one out... unless I get my old P40 reliable and sell it. I need to focus on a handful of mags and make sure those are "tuned".

gb6491
08-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Thanks, Greg. I sold three sight pushers in the last two gun shows and have none, now, so there's another thing I need. I need to sell more stuff! The gun show last weekend sucked, especially Sunday where I sold one box of .22 magnum shot shells for about 25¢ less than I paid after shipping... probably the worst show for us ever! We didn't even start to pay for the table, but it was fun visiting with friends and talking to customers and fellow dealers.

The one before I had three pistols that I sold and was one of our best shows. We may sit the next one out... unless I get my old P40 reliable and sell it. I need to focus on a handful of mags and make sure those are "tuned".

You're welcome :)
Speaking of mags...did you see this: https://www.kahr.com/MagPromo2016.asp
Regards,
Greg

wyntrout
08-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Yes. I download the .pdf file to send in. The guy at CDNN asked if I needed anything else... magazines? I told him no... I have 14 or 15 for the P40 already. I need to fluff and buff some of those and get the old P40 reliable for sale. I grab spare mags whenever I find a good deal, but I'm good on Kahr 9mm, .380, and .40. I only have 9 for the PM45 but I have some 1911 mags for it, too.

:)