PDA

View Full Version : New Member New CM9 Owner

Danbgt
08-16-2016, 01:53 PM
I have been lurking here for a while. Just picked up a new CM9 today. My first Kahr. Haven't got to the range with it yet but will soon.
I am a revolver shooter/carrier and came to a Kahr because of the trigger. My dealer had a PM9 in stock that I handled but I didn't want to pay that much. So he ordered the CM9 for me. I think they really wanted me to go with the little Glock or the Shield but he trigger just wasn't there for me on either of those. Plus the size seems to be just right.
I stripped it down when I got home and must say that I was really unimpressed/disappointed with how dirty the gun was for a new gun. Lots of shavings and junk from manufacturing! Also lots of little bits of plastic that needed to be cleaned off the polymer slides. I had read a lot on this forum that this might be the case but it was still disappointing. I recently bought a new Colt Government Model 1911 and when I stripped it down the first time it was clean as a whitstle. The CM9 is all cleaned up and oiled now. I will post a range report and comparison the my current EDC in the near future.

b4uqzme
08-16-2016, 07:22 PM
I am a revolver shooter/carrier and came to a Kahr because of the trigger...

Same here. I still keep a DA revolver in my carry group and the Kahrs fit in nicely: draw, point and shoot. Sorry about your disappointment. But you will enjoy the pistol once you start to shootin' it.

Welcome.

OvalNut
08-16-2016, 08:31 PM
Hi Danbgt,

I had a similar initial reaction when I received my then brand new PM9. I held it, racked it once or twice to clear it and dry fire it, and quickly disassembled and reassembled it to ensure I knew what I was doing. I was taken aback by how gritty everything felt. It was tight. Very tight. And since it functioned correctly, I completed the 4473 and brought it home.

When I gave it a thorough deep cleaning and appropriate lube I noticed the same polymer shavings you mentioned. They were like uncleaned machining remnants. As I looked everything over closely I could see and feel the tight tolerances. It was still a bit 'gritty' in the slide action and trigger pull, yet somewhat assuringly stiff in operation.

I have previously chronicled my break in experience once I started shooting it. It is a GREAT pistol. Smooth. Period.

Enjoy!

Tim

Danbgt
08-19-2016, 12:34 PM
Took the new CM9 to the range this morning. I will post a range report in the CM9/PM9 area.
I was not impressed or un-impressed. Please read the report.

nmkahrshooter
08-20-2016, 04:45 AM
Welcome from New Mexico

Danbgt
08-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.
After about 300 + rounds the CM9 is functioning like a charm. I still haven't quite got the hang of shooting it as good as my revolvers but I'm getting there!!