PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to my state #2

aray
08-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Ya gotta love the Baltimore Sun. Not.

Gregory Kane: Get a handgun, save a life | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/Get-a-handgun_-save-a-life-8283450-60670932.html)

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Gregory Kane: Get a handgun, save a life | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/Get-a-handgun_-save-a-life-8283450-60670932.html#ixzz0wGgJeokF)

Dietrich
08-11-2010, 05:19 AM
Aray,in the liberal mind,we should let the burglar have what he wants and do nothing to defend ourselves.We should ,instead,rely on the burglar`s good will not to hurt/murder us and our loved ones.The same applies to rape I would suppose.Shame on us!!! That burglar/murderer/rapist might have had a less than utopian childhood, so it`s perfectly understandable that he should act as he does:rolleyes:

jocko
08-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Aray,in the liberal mind,we should let the burglar have what he wants and do nothing to defend ourselves.We should ,instead,rely on the burglar`s good will not to hurt/murder us and our loved ones.The same applies to rape I would suppose.Shame on us!!! That burglar/murderer/rapist might have had a less than perfect childhood, so it`s perfectly understandable that he should act as he does:rolleyes:

u got that right. another reason why our death penalty doesn't work good. WE DON'T PUT THEM TO DEATH for at least15 years+ and by then, the a-hole has found God, studied law on our time and expense and then the fu--ing bleeding liberals now feel sorry for him and that he should get another chance---TO KILL AGAIN.

:(

ripley16
08-11-2010, 08:33 AM
That's a great story. :cheer2: Self defence the old fashioned way, with a happy ending and leading to a Maryland newspaper running a story advocating handguns! Are pigs flying? :angel:

joje
08-11-2010, 09:11 AM
baltimore sun do have a point: what if the perp would have been armed? the outcome could have been different. dont bring a knife to a gun fight. not even a long one.

O'Dell
08-11-2010, 10:55 AM
u got that right. another reason why our death penalty doesn't work good. WE DON'T PUT THEM TO DEATH for at least15 years+ and by then, the a-hole has found God, studied law on our time and expense and then the fu--ing bleeding liberals now feel sorry for him and that he should get another chance---TO KILL AGAIN.

:(

I agree Jocko, and have long advocated a system whereby the miscreant could be executed within 90 days. All it would involve is putting an appellate judge in the courtroom for the entire trial. He would then be in an excellent position to hear any and all appeals, and could rule in a timely manner. Then the death penalty would be a real deterrent.

wyntrout
08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
But we have too many people locked up now and we're locking up more all of the time. We shouldn't be locking up all of those poor people... after all, crime has been going down.
Wynn:D

O'Dell
08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
But we have too many people locked up now and we're locking up more all of the time. We shouldn't be locking up all of those poor people... after all, crime has been going down.
Wynn:D

Maybe it's going down because all those poor people ARE locked up.;) Seriously though, I think we lock up far too many people. I, for one, am tired of supporting them, and I hate it when they turn some violent criminal loose because the prisons are full of weekend pot users.

jocko
08-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I agree Jocko, and have long advocated a system whereby the miscreant could be executed within 90 days. All it would involve is putting an appellate judge in the courtroom for the entire trial. He would then be in an excellent position to hear any and all appeals, and could rule in a timely manner. Then the death penalty would be a real deterrent.

that makes alof of sense, so there fore will probably never happen. :mad:

wyntrout
08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Maybe it's going down because all those poor people ARE locked up.;) Seriously though, I think we lock up far too many people. I, for one, am tired of supporting them, and I hate it when they turn some violent criminal loose because the prisons are full of weekend pot users.

Amen!

Wynn:hippie: