PDA

View Full Version : CT380 Perfect Fit

Googleman
08-30-2016, 01:24 PM
Just purchased my first Kahr firearm.
Am a senior citizen and have had serveral 380's but did not fit my hand and carpal tunnel issues.
Have owned LCP, TCP, Bodyguard, P238, Bersa 380CC, DB380. The Kahr fits my hand the best & recoil agrees with me.
Break in was text book. Used a variety of ammo. First 50 rounds were dismal with FTE & FTF every 2 rounds.
Cleaned weapon & greased the barrel where slide makes contact.Kept the slide back a week.
Second range trip had one FTE out of 200 rounds.
Would appreciate any tips on adjusting sights.

Bye for now from the HOT south.

b4uqzme
08-30-2016, 05:16 PM
Welcome. Nice first post. I guess you could attempt to drift the rear sight but Kahrs are up close and personal guns. I'd recommend a little Kentucky windage or better yet: just point and shoot. I definitely think you should keep shooting a while before you change anything. You may just need more time to get used to the trigger.

Wyntrout has some reviews of sight pushers if you need them. Just search his threads.

And I think Dawson's might sell different height front sights if that's what you were thinking.

Bills1873
08-30-2016, 05:27 PM
Great to hear your patience paid off, Googleman, and welcome! Good advice from B4 about the trigger. Took me more than 200 rounds to get it down, and that's with a PM9, which is a bit larger.

Armybrat
08-30-2016, 06:32 PM
Sounds like you're headed in the right direction, Googleman. My senior sentiments also, except the difficulty of racking the slide. My CT380 is in my pocket everywhere I go.

Amacro
08-30-2016, 08:04 PM
I started with the 9 mm and am considering the 380 caliber for a BUG. It's ergo's and small size seem like a winner.
Al