PDA

View Full Version : P380 with Night Sights Issue

TimtheRef
09-09-2016, 02:04 PM
I have a P380 black slide with night sights. It's the old style squared muzzle P380, and I love this little pistol. It ends up as my EDC more than any other pistol. That said, I discovered today that my night sight on the rear of the pistol no longer lights up on the right side. The front and left side rear still light up. Should I replace the whole rear sight? Replace front and rear? Replace the rear with a traditional sight while leaving the front sight as a night sight? Advice along with reasoning is appreciated.

p.s. The pistol was purchased around 2013, and the serial # starts with RC0. I don't know how long night sights are supposed to last.

geogecko
09-09-2016, 02:28 PM
The halflife of tritium is around 11 years, so should have lasted longer than that. I'd call Kahr and see about getting the rear sight replaced. My rear night sight was defective when I received my P380, they had me send in the slide only, and they replaced the rear sight. Took about 2 weeks to get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimtheRef
09-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Contacted Kahr. Response received stating that Kahr doesn't warrany the tritium, that's Trijicon. So I have contacted Trijicon to see what they can do. We'll see what happens...