PDA

View Full Version : New CW380 Owner, New KahrTalk Member

Scrappy_D
10-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Hi Y'all,

I picked up a new CW380 last week to replace the Taurus TCP 738 I'd carried for five years. So far, it's a major improvement! The CW380 is much more pleasurable to shoot than the TCP ever was -- the trigger is much smoother, accuracy is much better, and the recoil is noticeably less harsh. I only have 230 rounds through the CW380, so I consider it to be still breaking in, but I was able to accomplish that in one range session, whereas I could only do less than half of that with the TCP before my hand was hurting so much that I'd quit. I fully understand the CW380 is upmarket from the TCP, so this is to be expected and my comments should not be taken as "bashing" the TCP. In fact, I would still recommend the TCP for folks in that market segment.

There are a few "issues" with the CW380 that I'll be researching in the archives, as I try to hold myself to behaviors I like to see in others. IMO, it's best to do at least a modicum of research so one can become at least a bit familiar with the subject before blithely asking away. After all, if you're asking a question, you're asking other folks to put out effort on your behalf, so you need to put out effort first. :)

Regards,
Shawn

skiflydive
10-10-2016, 02:01 PM
Welcome aboard! You have a great attitude about learning about your new firearm and breaking it in. There's tons of info on this board and if you don't see what you're looking for just ask.

nmkahrshooter
10-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Welcome from New Mexico and glad you like the CW380! I have had nothing but good luck with mine and it does get better with time!

Bawanna
10-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Good attitude, you'll go far here.

Glad you found us. Plenty of help for whatever you might need.

I'm in charge of simple borderline stupid questions, you know like the bullets come out the end away from the handle and stuff. We got people to take care of the tough ones.

Alfonse
10-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Welcome! A great attitude and a sense of humor, you will like it around here.

Scrappy_D
10-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Y'all! About half of my "issues" have been solved (or at least understood) via lurking before I joined and doing more searching through the archives since I've been here. :)

Bawanna
10-11-2016, 12:08 PM
Many here tell me MY issues have no cure but I probably got different issues than your Kahr.

Scrappy_D
10-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Many here tell me MY issues have no cure but I probably got different issues than your Kahr.
Yeah, I'm just sticking to the issues with my Kahr. The other issues are for other venues. :P

dustnchips
10-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Save a lot of searching and just check the stickies above and you can probably find most if not all of the answers you need. I have a CW380 and love it.

Scrappy_D
10-16-2016, 10:17 PM
Save a lot of searching and just check the stickies above and you can probably find most if not all of the answers you need.
Yep, I'm finding that to be the case. :)

CPTKILLER
10-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Shoot it lot & get comfortable with it, not a single box in one session.

Howdy from Austin, Texas!

Scrappy_D
10-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Shoot it lot & get comfortable with it, not a single box in one session.

Howdy from Austin, Texas!
Thanks for the "Howdy"!

I will indeed be shooting it a lot. Given how nicely it shoots, this will be far more pleasurable than the TCP was. :)