PDA

View Full Version : Completed CT380 Tungsten Break-In

Preacher Dave
10-14-2016, 07:56 AM
I completed the break-in of my new CT380 Tungsten handgun this week. I am pretty "religious" about following the suggestions that can be found on this forum with my Kahrs. I polished the feed ramp and completed 500+ dry fire/hand cycles prior to ever going to the range. Over four range sessions I fired over five hundred rounds until I achieved 100% reliability on 100 rounds including 50 rounds of my carry ammo, .380 ACP is Fiocchi 90 grain XTPs. This is my fifth Kahr to go along with a K40 98 Elite, P40 Black Diamond, CM9, and CW380. The break-in of this CT380 matched the experience I had with my CW380 with increasing reliability as I progressed. One thing that I noticed with the tungsten CT380 is that for my old eyes, it is more difficult to see crud and know when it is clean than the bright stainless models.

yqtszhj
10-14-2016, 08:18 AM
Good review.

I always thought the blued models cleaned easier now i find out the dirt just blends in. Guess I have to look a little harder now. :rolleyes:

I'm like you, I think the feed ramp is polished on every gun I have. And many times when it starts to tarnish I "clean" it with 1500 grit sand paper and gun oil. Theyre all mirror shiney. Many timesthe throat of the barrel is the same want.

Bawanna
10-14-2016, 09:23 AM
Now days it seems Kahr does a much better job of polishing those feed ramps than they did in years past.

Still not a bad idea to clean them up from time to time.

Glad the break in went well for you Preacher Dave.

wb4tjh
02-10-2017, 01:37 PM
My CT380 tungsten has the MagGuts inserts in both mags and the gun has been 100% reliable since the first shol. I love it.