PDA

View Full Version : Renewed my CCP yesterday

Tuco
10-27-2016, 08:51 AM
Montgomery County PA and a few observations.

I went last Friday but the line was at least 10 deep so I decided to return another day. That was a surprise since the last time I renewed 5 years ago I was there by myself.

Yesterday I was 3rd in line. Took a number and chatted with the guy next to me. My number got called in 10 minutes. They take your form and you sit back down while they check you out. 10 minutes later I'm back up paying my $20 and getting my permit.

I told the guy this is the nicest government department to deal with. There's never any BS. No cranky clerk whose obviously had enough dealing with the public, barking orders to stand here or there, or throwing up roadblocks so they don't have to do their job.

Mostly guys but a few women as well. Still can't carry to any of the state's around me, but maybe one day.

ltxi
10-27-2016, 03:57 PM
Here in Colorado even/also the DMV is friendly to deal with. It's causing me to lose faith. :)

kenemoore
10-27-2016, 04:02 PM
In SC takes about 75-90days to renew, they have to redo the background check again.

Bawanna
10-27-2016, 04:03 PM
Now that's saying something. I travel extra distance to a DMV where the folks are really nice. The local closer ones I don't seem to get along with at all.
Shouldn't be like that.

berettabone
10-27-2016, 04:42 PM
I send my money in the mail.............................................. .........comes back in a few days.

Bawanna
10-27-2016, 05:19 PM
We can do that if we're lucky. You can only do it every other time though. I got to do that once and it was great.

kwh
10-28-2016, 07:51 PM
I am good until May 2017. Last time I asked "Is there an upper age limit that they will not renew my concealed carry license?" The reply was "Just like your Driver's license, your kid's will take them away when you are no longer competent.

knkali
10-31-2016, 04:28 PM
I am happy that your experience was a good one. However, if it is a 2nd amendment right, we shouldn't need permission period. No line, no paying $ no forms...nada

Barth
11-03-2016, 11:21 AM
I am happy that your experience was a good one. However, if it is a 2nd amendment right, we shouldn't need permission period. No line, no paying $ no forms...nada

+1
Moved to Arizona a few years ago.
Was pleasently surprised to find the state had changed to Constitutional Carry :Amflag2:
Permits? We don't need no stinking permits - LOL!